With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought I’d share one of my favorite (and easy) chocolate treats that I’m making for my Valentine this year. Coconut Oil Chocolate Hearts!
My little Valentines (aka The Coconut Babies) are chocolate lovers like their mama, so this year I decided to make my simple Coconut Oil Chocolates. All you need is coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and your favorite sweetener to create these divine healthy chocolates.
I avoid most commercial candy bars due to artificial flavors and soy lecithin in the ingredients. I found that if I mix cocoa powder with coconut oil, vanilla, salt & sugar I can produce a chocolate bar that is both tasty and healthy!
You’re going to start out by melting your coconut oil over low heat.
Then you’ll add your cocoa powder…
and vanilla bean powder, salt and sweetener. I used maple syrup!
Once you’ve mixed up all the ingredients you’ll want to quickly and carefully pour the chocolate into your molds. I used heart molds.Print
Coconut Oil Chocolate Hearts
Indulge with these healthy coconut oil chocolate hearts without guilt! Use metabolism-boosting coconut oil, to make a healthy treat!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups (40 pieces) 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Honey, Maple Syrup or Sweetener of Choice
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Powder or 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once it melts add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and pour mix into heart-shaped molds.
- Refrigerator for 2-4 hours, or until it is set.
- Once the chocolate hardens pop it out of the molds and serve cold.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 43
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: .5g
Enjoy! 🙂As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.