These coconut oil fat bombs help to speed up your metabolism, support your thyroid and boost your energy!
I’ve been making this coconut oil candy (I call them “coconut oil fat bombs”) for years. They’re nice to have on hand when I have sugar cravings now and again. I mix these into my coffee (you know I love my coconut oil coffee). When I blend these up in my coffee It tastes like a peppermint mocha. Yum!!
What’s nice about them is since they’re made of coconut oil it’s really hard to indulge. Just one of these will satisfy my sugar craving. If I want a little bit of flavor, I’ll add a teaspoon of peppermint extract. Peppermint affects the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals.
If you struggle to lose fat despite exercising and eating right, or if you have low energy levels, difficulty sleeping, sensitivity to cold/heat, digestive issues, or brain fog, it’s possible that you might have a Thyroid disorder. If you’re like me and have a sluggish thyroid, coconut oil is excellent to add to your diet because it helps your thyroid!
“When added to a balanced diet, coconut oil slightly lowers the cholesterol level, which is exactly what is expected when a dietary change raisesthyroid function. This same increase in thyroid function and metabolic rate explains why people and animals that regularly eat coconut oil are lean, and remarkably free of heart disease and cancer.” – Ray Peat
Don’t worry about eating something that’s high in fat because coconut oil is a healthy fat. When you eat MCTs (like in coconut oil) this results in accelerated metabolic conversion! That is, instead of being stored as fat, the calories contained in MCTs are very efficiently converted into fuel for immediate use by the body.
So if you’re trying to cut back on the sugar but want a healthy treat, try these coconut oil fat bombs!
Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
If you’re trying to cut back on the sugar but want a healthy treat, try these coconut oil fat bombs!Print
Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
- Process all the ingredients together in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into ice cub trays or silicone molds (like these) and freeze.
- Once frozen, pop the coconut oil fat bombs out of the molds and store them in a freezer zip lock or jar. Enjoy!
- Effects of Peppermint Scent on Appetite Control and Caloric Intake
- Unsaturated Vegetable Oils: Toxic
- Coconut Oil for Thyroid Health
- Effects of Coconut Oil & Abdominal Obesity
Finding quick and easy keto recipes that fit with your lifestyle and schedule can be difficult. That’s why Jen Fisch, the blogger behind Keto in The City and a busy working mom, shares her favorite stress-free keto meals in The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. With 130 recipes that require no more than 5-ingredients, including many one-pot or 30-minute recipes, this cookbook offers a simple solution to keeping the ketogenic diet easy.The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook includes:
- 130 Recipes for keto-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- 5-Ingredient Recipes for stress-free cooking
- One Pot Meals for fast prep and clean-up
- Time Saving for ready-made meals in 30-minutes or less
- Ketogenic diet recipes include: BLT Breakfast Salad, Broccoli-Cheese Soup, Baked Zucchini Gratin, Garlic Butter Shrimp, Barbacoa Beef Roast, Berry Cheesecake Fat Bomb, and much more!