These keto pumpkin waffles are a great breakfast option and a nice changeup from eggs and bacon. These coconut flour based waffles are made with eight simple ingredients and are nut and gluten-free!
This one bowl recipe has only eight ingredients, is full of pumpkin flavor, and is quick to make! This recipe is keto-friendly, with paleo options. We tested this recipe with dairy and dairy-free ingredients, and the waffles tasted terrific each time! Make a double batch and keep them in the freezer for a quick breakfast on busy weekday mornings! Just pop them in the toaster or toaster oven to crisp them up for a quick keto-breakfast option!
What I Love About This Keto Pumpkin Waffles Recipe…
- Paleo Friendly
- Nut Free
- Low Carb Waffle
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Waffles
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Then, add in the coconut flour, baking powder, and spices. Next, mix the waffle batter until the dry ingredients are incorporated and the batter is smooth. Alternatively, you can pour all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until the batter is smooth.
Heat the waffle iron and when it’s fully heated, pour 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter onto the iron and cook the waffle. Continue to cook the waffles until the batter is gone. These keto pumpkin waffles should be golden brown and slightly crispy. To make extra crispy waffles, place the waffles in the toaster oven on air fryer setting for 3-5 minutes to crisp up. Top with sugar free maple syrup and coconut whipped cream.
- Sift your coconut flour: Coconut flour baked goods can be dense and gritty. Sifting the coconut flour before measuring and adding it to the batter will help these keto pumpkin waffles better texture.
- Egg temperature: Cold eggs will solidify the coconut oil in the batter, making lumps. Use eggs that have come to room temperature for a smooth batter. Alternatively, you can put the eggs in warm water to bring them to room temperature quickly.
- Check your baking powder: Baking powder contains corn derived ingredients. If corn isn’t an issue for you, then use what you have. You can make baking powder without corn starch by mixing baking soda, arrowroot powder or tapioca starch, and cream of tater together. Check out my homemade baking powder recipe here.
About The Ingredients:
- Eggs – Use whole eggs, not egg whites. I didn’t test this recipe with flax eggs, but in my experience flax eggs don’t work well with coconut flour.
- Coconut Oil – Other oils like avocado oil or olive oil can be substituted if needed.
- Pumpkin Purée – Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling for these recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla gives these waffles a sweet flavor and pairs well with the pumpkin pie spice.
- Maple Flavored Syrup – You can find this syrup online and at many health food stores. If you’re not on keto, use pure maple syrup instead.
- Coconut Flour – This gluten free flour is made from defatted coconut meat and is great for grain free baking.
- Baking Powder – If you have a corn allergy or avoiding grains, use a paleo friendly baking powder like this one.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – This spice blend adds a ton of flavor to this recipe. If you don’t have any on hand, you can make your own!
Keto Pumpkin Waffles FAQ
Can almond flour be used instead of coconut flour? No, almond flour is not interchangeable with coconut flour in a 1:1 ration.
Would this recipe work if I add protein powder to the batter to add more protein? Yes, one scoop of protein powder can be added to these keto pumpkin waffles.
Can these keto pumpkin spice waffles be made ahead and frozen? Yes, this recipe freezes well and can be frozen for up to 2 months.
More Keto Recipes:Print
Keto Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
Keto Pumpkin Waffles? Yes, please! This keto waffle recipe is filled with pumpkin flavor and is made with coconut flour. This recipe makes 4 medium size waffles or 6 mini waffles.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or keto maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Turn the waffle iron on while you make the batter for these waffles.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Then, add in the coconut flour, baking powder, and spices. Mix the waffle batter until the dry ingredients are incorporated and the batter is smooth. Alternatively, you can pour all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter onto the iron and cook the waffle.
- Continue to cook the waffles until the batter is gone. These keto pumpkin waffles should be golden brown and slightly crispy. To make extra crispy waffles, place the waffles in the toaster oven on air fryer setting for 3-5 minutes to crisp up.
- Top with sugar-free maple syrup and coconut whipped cream.