This creamy DIY body wash cleanses and moisturizes the skin with three natural ingredients: castile soup, raw honey and coconut oil! Keep reading to learn how to make your own body wash at home!
Unlike soap, which can take weeks to cure and needs special tools, body wash is a simple DIY that can be made in minutes. This body wash is safe for all skin types, even sensitive skin, and is gentle enough to use on children, just be careful to keep the soap away from the eyes.
Why make homemade body wash?
Learning how to make things is empowering and very useful when you’re in a pinch. Homemade natural products are also economical and better for the environment. Store-bought body wash made with healthy ingredients can cost $8-$20 per bottle. This homemade body wash costs much less and is made with ingredients you may already have on hand.
How To Make DIY Body Wash
For this recipe you will need coconut oil, honey, unscented castile soap, and essential oils.
Start by melting the coconut oil over low heat. While the coconut oil is still warm, mix in the honey until fully incorporated.
Next, gently pour in the castile soap. Mix gently, making sure not to form soap or foam. Once the body wash is mixed, pour it into a 16-ounce soap dispenser. This body was has a 1 year shelf life as long as water and other contaminants don’t enter into the bottle.
About The Ingredients
Coconut Oil – Moisturizes the skin and offers antibacterial properties.
Raw Honey – Honey contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and has been used in skincare for hundreds of year. It also protect the skin and helps dry skin stay soft and moisturized.
Castile Soap – Castile liquid soap is a natural soap that gently cleanses the skin without the use of harmful chemicals.
Essential Oils – These plant-based oils are natural and safer than synthetic fragrances. But don’t go overboard; a few drops are all you need to scent this DIY Body Wash.
Best Essential Oils
Essential oils are an optional ingredient in this recipe but you may add them if you’d like this DIY body wash to have a nice scent! As always, please use pure essential oils and avoid artificial fragrances. Below are my favorite essential oils to use in this recipe:
- Lavender Body Wash: Add 20 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Citrus Body Wash: Add 15 drops of sweet orange oil and 10 drops of lemon essential oils. Other citrus oils like grapefruit and bergamot are amazing to use as well.
- Vanilla Honey Body Wash: Add 12-15 drops of vanilla essential oil.
DIY Body Wash FAQ
Related DIY Recipes:Print
DIY Body Wash Recipe
I love easy DIYs and this creamy homemade body wash couldn’t be easier to make! This recipe comes together with three simple ingredients and keeps for up to a year.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 ounces 1x
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- (optional) essentail oils
- Gently melt the coconut oil over low heat on the stove top. While the oil is still warm, mix it carefully with the honey and essential oils (if using).
- Pour in the castile soap and gently stir to combine. If you store to vigorously the soap will foam the the body wash will separate.
- Transfer the DIY body wash to a 16 ounce container bottle. Store at room temperature in a cool dark place for up to one year. Shake the body wash gently before each use.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1