Next time you take a bath pop one of these nourishing coconut oil bath melts into your bath! Your skin will feel softer than a baby’s tush!
I love to take hot detox baths. It’s one of my favorites ways to unwind after a long day. I usually apply coconut oil to my skin after I bathe, but lately I’ve been adding coconut oil into my bath. It melts immediately and completely moisturizes my skin from head to toe! Another benefit about using coconut oil in the bath is that I find I use a lot less oil than if I were to apply it to my skin after my bath.
Coconut oil is one of the most nourishing oils to use on your skin. It’s especially healing to those with dry-itchy skin. I like to add a few drops of my favorite essential oils along with the coconut oil to help me relax and for skin health as well.
Below is my recipe for making coconut oil bath melts with essential oils. Pop one in your bath and nourish your skin!
You may also like:
- Coconut Oil Face Wash
- Exfoliating Coconut Oil Salt Scrub
- 9 Reasons To Keep Coconut Oil In Your Bathroom
Coconut Oil Bath Melts
- Heat the coconut oil on low heat for 1-2 minutes or until coconut oil is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Mix well and pour the melted coconut oil into your molds.
- Let the coconut oil bath melts cool. If it’s warm in your home this may take some time. You can place them in your fridge to cool quicker if you like.
- Once cooled, pop the melts out of the molds and store them in a container in a cool place.
- If you keep your home warm (70 degrees or above) you may need to store these in the fridge or freezer so they don’t melt.
Caution: Coconut oil may leave your tub quite slippery! Be careful when getting out. I have slipped before. 🙁