Gluten Free Whoopie Pies
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 cup black beans
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 cups fresh mascarpon, whipped cream, or coconut cream (coconut butter)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Process beans in food processor until creamy.
- Add cocoa powder, egg, oil, vanilla, honey and salt and process until blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips if using.
- You will need 6 ramekin cups. If you don’t have ramekins you can make mini cookies instead.
- Grease ramekins or cookie sheet. Fill ramekins with 2-3 tablespoons of batter.
- If your making cookies, scoop 1-2 tablespoons of batter per cookie. This will make 12 cookies.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove cakes from ramekins. Slice in half and fill with cream filling (below). You may wait to fill these before serving.
- For filling: Mix ingredients until combined. You may also use your favorite ice cream in place of cream filling!
- Fill each cake with 2-3 tablespoons of filling. Serve or freeze for an hour for a yummy ice cream sandwich!