Homemade mayonnaise can be made without unhealthy vegetables oils like canola and soy. Here are 3 easy homemade mayonnaise recipes you can make at home using healthy fats.
Pssst! Has anyone ever told you homemade mayonnaise is easy to make?
If not…I urge you to try making your own. Seriously, you have to give it at least ONE try!
These recipes are much healthier than the mayo found in stores because they use healthy fats rather than soy and/or canola oil. I also used farm fresh eggs from my local farmer!
Ready to make some?! Read on!
Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe #1
This mayonnaise recipe is our favorite recipe. It can be tricky to make though! Before you get started make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. If you’re eggs are cold or if your oils are hot the mayo will separate.Print
Homemade Mayonnaise #1
- 2 Organic Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted and Cooled
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder (optional)
- Pour egg yolks into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and mustard (if using) and blend.
- Slowly add olive oil 1 drop at a time until the mayo begins to emulsify.
- Continue to pour olive oil in a slow steady stream.
- Add melted coconut oil very slowly. Keep adding until all the oil in incorporated.
Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe #2
This mayonnaise recipe is made with only coconut oil and sets up very thick! The addition of the whey will add healthy probiotics to this mayo, making it last longer and will add enzymes and increase nutrient content.Print
Homemade Mayonnaise #2
- 1 Whole Egg, at room temperature
- 1 Egg Yolk, at room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon of Mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon of Whey
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- In food processor or blender, blend first four ingredients until smooth.
- With motor running, slowly pour oil into egg mixture.
- Add whey and mix until blended.
- Season mayonnaise to your preference.
- Cover tightly and leave out on counter for 7 hours before refrigerating.
- Mayonnaise will keep several months in refrigerator.
Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe #3
This isn’t a traditional mayo recipe, but it tastes just like regular mayonnaise and it’s super easy to make!Print
Homemade Mayonnaise #3
- 1 Cup Organic Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pour all the ingredients into a pint-sized glass jar.
- Close the jar tightly and shake to mix ingredients together.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.