Looking for the best apple cider vinegar? Look no further! In this article I’ll share the best brands of apple cider vinegar to buy and what to look for when shopping for this versatile condiment!
While apple cider vinegar is commonly associated with culinary applications, its benefits extend far beyond the kitchen. From beauty and haircare to weight loss, this remarkable vinegar finds its place in various domains.
My Favorite Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
Studies indicate that apple cider vinegar may have numerous health benefits and can be added to your daily routine in various ways to support your health. I take a tablespoon of apple cinder vinegar a day on my salad (mixed into my dressing) and also incorporate it by taking acv dietary supplements and gummies.
Here are some of my favorite uses for ACV:
- Hair & Beauty: Apple cider vinegar is great for hair and can be used to strengthen and shin hair. Use shampoo with apple cider vinegar, or make a hair rinse with it. You can also make face toner with ACV.
- Salad Dressing: Use apple cider vinegar in your homemade salad dressing to add nutrients and probiotics.
- Drinks: Boost your immune system by incorporating apple cider vinegar shots, ACV drinks, or ACV smoothies into your daily routine. These natural beverages promote overall health and are a perfect alternative for those who aren’t fond of the sour taste of ACV but still want to enjoy its benefits internally. They’re also made with natural ingredients like apple juice, orange juice, grape juice and are sweetened with honey and stevia.
- Gummies: Tired of drinking your apple cider vinegar? How about gummies? Make ACV gummies yourself or buy some of the best gummies.
- And here’s a whole list of additional apple cider vinegar recipes you can make using your favorite ACV!
What To Look For When Buying Apple Cider Vinegar
When selecting apple cider vinegar, it’s important to keep these factors in mind:
- Look for raw or unpasteurized: I opt for apple cider vinegar labeled as “raw” or “unpasteurized” as these varieties contain healthy bacteria that offer additional health benefits. Avoid brands that include terms like “flavor” or other indications suggesting the vinegar has undergone pasteurization.
- Choose Organic: Whenever possible, opt for organic apple cider vinegar to minimize exposure to pesticides and ensure a higher quality product.
- Go with a trusted brand. Whenever I’m selecting apple cider vinegar, I always check to see what other people are saying. I’ve personally used the brands below and can vouch for them.
Top Brands of Apple Cider Vinegar
You can find acv supplements at almost ever store and the options of different vinegars can be overwhelming! Whether you’re looking to make acv gummies, salad dressings, or a hair rinse, below are my top picks of apple cider vinegar brands.
Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Available at almost any grocery store and online, Bragg’s offers raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar that contains the “mother”, which includes numerous strains of beneficial bacteria. If you’re looking for an acv supplement, bragg apple cider vinegar capsules are a great options too!
Lucy’s Pure Apple Cider Vinegar
If you prefer buying in bulk, Lucy’s organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is an excellent choice. This organic acv is available online and health food stores.
365 Whole Foods
Whole Foods’ own brand of apple cider vinegar is a reliable option, offering good quality at an affordable price.
Best Tasting ACV
Vermont Village makes apple cider vinegar flavors that are sweetened with honey! This vinegar is great for making acv drinks or gummies and is great for anyone who wants to avoid the sour taste of apple cider vinegar.
For convenient pre-made ACV drinks, Bragg’s offers a range of tasty options that will make you forget they contain vinegar. This is an easy way to incorporate apple cider vinegar into your diet and help you get your daily dose of acv!
Best Apple Cider Vinegar Shots
If you prefer ready-to-consume ACV shots, consider trying the ginger and turmeric-infused options, packed with powerful nutrition. Ideal for when you need an energy boost or are feeling under the weather.
There are so many health benefits of apple cider vinegar and should be a staple in every home. By choosing the right brand and considering important factors like raw, unpasteurized, and organic varieties, you can fully enjoy the advantages of this versatile condiment. Experiment with different uses and find the best apple cider vinegar to enhance your well-being.
- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
- Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
- Coconut Vinegar: Uses, Benefits & Coconut Vinegar Dressing Recipe
Apple cider vinegar with the mother is apple cider vinegar that hasn’t been pasteurized, so the mother (the bacteria) is still intact. It’s the closest to “homemade” apple cider vinegar you can buy. Of course, pasteurization can also kill off ‘bad’ bacteria and provide additional protections.
Generally if you have anything going on with your gut, metabolism, or blood sugar (think – digestive issues, diabetes, low potassium levels) or are in a vulnerable population, it’s wise to talk to a doctor or other medical professional before trying apple cider vinegar. Just in general, it’s a good move to check in with a pro before any radical dietary changes.
Apple cider vinegar is amazing for your hair – it can restore pH balance, fight dandruff, and even stimulate hair growth! Because it’s slightly acidic and possess antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar is (in my opinion) one of the very best all-natural hair treatments out there.