Looking for a natural way to boost your immune system, aid in weight loss, and improve your overall health? Apple cider vinegar shots are a great option! With a tangy, sour, and sweet flavor, these apple cider vinegar shots are not only delicious but also offer numerous health benefits. Check out our recipe if you’re interested in incorporating this daily health shot into your routine!
While the phrase “an apple cider vinegar drink a day keeps the doctor away” may sound silly, there’s actually some truth to it. Though it might not completely eliminate the need for medical attention, apple cider vinegar can provide significant health benefits and aid in digestion.
Why Take Apple Cider Vinegar Shots
Apple cider vinegar offer a range of potential health benefits, but it’s important to consult with your healthcare provider before trying them, especially if you have underlying health issues. But taking a shot of apple cider vinegar is difficult due to its strong flavor, that’s where these shots com in! They are a great way to get a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into your diet easily. Note: It’s important to consult with your healthcare provider before trying ACV, especially if you have underlying health condition.
Here are just some of the benefits of taking apple cider vinegar daily:
- Blood Sugar Levels – Apple cider contains antibacterial properties which has been known to say it can help with regulating blood sugar. ACV is helpful for those with diabetes or insulin sensitivity.
- Dietary supplements – You will find that doing a daily shot can help with your body weight. ACV is said to help curb your appetite and help with cleansing the system.
- Cleanse – Release toxins that are built up in your body with this shot and follow up with drinking lots of water during the day. The prebiotics in the vinegar is great for cleansing your system and can improve gut health.
- Energy Levels – Boost your energy and start your morning with a boost to get things done. This shot will really perk you up to get your day started.
What Type of Apple Cider Vinegar Should I Use?
Reach for unfiltered apple cider vinegar with a mother is what is going to offer the most benefits. The biggest thing is making sure the vinegar you use has, “the mothers” you will see this listed on the label.
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Shots
- Honey – So you can use honey, maple syrup or stevia for sweeter in this shot. The sweet is going to help balance out the punch from the vinegar.
- Water – I do recommend using filtered water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Reach for apple cider vinegar that has “the mother'” in it. This is where the health benefits are in it.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice is going to help enhance and balance out the shot. It also adds vitamin c, for immunity!
- Ginger – You will use ground ginger for this recipe. Now if you want the spice of fresh you can add in grated ginger to ramp up the flavor even more.
Tips For Success
Make sure to make up your shot right before you take it. I find that making these fresh takes just a minute to whip up and you will get the best flavor from the shot.
Variations to Recipe
- Grate fresh ginger instead of dry ginger.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon in the shot for added flavor and health benefits.
- Dilute your shot by mixing with a few tablespoons of juice like cranberry, organic apple juice, etc. This helps tame the flavor.
- Use this recipe and mix with some olive oil to create a homemade salad dressing to drizzle over a salad. Salad dressings are an easier way to get your shot in your diet without having to chug the drink.
Other ways to use ACV
- Hair (e.g. hair rinse, hair mask, or scalp treatment)
- Skin (e.g. facial toner)
- Salad dressing
You have to watch that the acid can cause issues like acid reflux or affecting the tooth enamel. Just make sure after you take your shot, drink a full 8 ounces of water to cleanse your mouth and get things flushed.
You surely can make these shots in advance. If you do keep it in a glass container that sealed. Then shake or stir and then pour into the shot glass and take it as you need it. I recommend only making a few days worth at a time.
- Turmeric Shot Recipe With Fresh or Powdered Turmeric
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks
- How To Make Ginger Shots
- Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies Recipe
Apple Cider Vinegar Shots (ACV Shots Recipe)
Apple cider vinegar shots are a great option if you’re looking for a natural way to boost your immune system and improve your health.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 shots 1x
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup or stevia
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of ground ginger
Mix the warm water and honey together into combined. Add the lemon juice, vinegar and ginger. Stir well and serve shots immediately.
Note: This recipe makes 2 shots. Make sure to swish your mouth with water after taking apple cider vinegar.
- Serving Size: 1 shot
- Calories: 40 calories
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g