I’ve been looking for a grain free/nut free cracker recipe for my two-year old to snack on. I didn’t find any recipes online. So, I decided to experiment a little to see if I could come up with something myself. I must warn you, this recipe is not perfect. These crackers are only crispy for an hour or two after baking, but they work!
My two-year old loved them and ate them up. I love a recipe that is simple, nourishing, and tasty! I hope you enjoy these!Print
Sweet Potato Crackers
These sweet potato crackers are made with coconut flour, sweet potatoes, egg whites, baking soda, and sea salt. They’re paleo friendly and grain-free!
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 egg whites (I’m sure 2 whole eggs would work, but I had extra egg whites I needed to use)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor or electric mixer and mix all ingredients together into a smooth paste.
- Spread cracker mixture over a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take baking sheet out of the oven and score half-baked dough into cracker sized pieces. Spread a tablespoon of melted coconut oil over crackers. Sprinkle with sea salt and return back to oven to bake until crispy, 7-10 minutes. Serve immediately. After a few hours some of the crackers will soften and will need to be re-baked to crisp up.