Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

A few weeks ago Lauren of Empowered Sustenance shared her recipe for Coconut Flour Cookies with us. I really love her cookie recipe!  I adapted her recipe to make these chocolate chips cookies. I used coconut oil instead of butter and added vanilla extract and chocolate chips to the recipe. These cookies are grain free, nut free, dairy free, egg free and refined sugar free!

Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

(Grain Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free & Nut Free)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Use a food processor or blender to mix coconut flour, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and salt together.

Add chocolate chips and mix until chips are evenly distributed in cookie dough.

Use a round 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out each cookie. Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet. You will have 10-12 small cookies. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Let cookies cool before removing from the cookie sheet. They will crumble if you try to remove them before they are cooled.

Serve warm and enjoy!

Allergy Disclaimer: These cookies contain Coconut. Some people with savear tree nut allergies cannot have coconut.

Interested in learning more about essential oils? Check out my FREE 14 day e-course!

Free Essential Oils E-Course

• Mike September 13, 2012, 9:35 pm

Great cookies!

• Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance September 14, 2012, 7:36 am

This is so clever!! What a great idea to make these dairy free and add the homemade chocolate chips. They look delicious, and I can’t wait to try this recipe!

• Brittany September 14, 2012, 6:16 pm

These are amazing! Just made them for the family and even my dad who isn’t really a fan of anything grain-free gobbled these up and asked me to make more!

• The Coconut Mama September 16, 2012, 6:37 pm

Awesome! I’m glad your dad liked them too! :)

• Melanie September 25, 2012, 9:47 am

How did you get these to turn out so well! I did everything according to the directions and it was a runny mess :(

• Gina May 8, 2013, 12:51 am

The same thing happened to me. So I took them out of the oven and added some more flour and made the mixture into a giant cookie. I then cooked it for an extra 10 minutes… it was okay… edible… but not exactly an intact cookie. More like a soggy clump.

• Ellen (Gluten Free Diva) October 1, 2012, 4:36 pm

How much easier could a chocolate cookie recipe be? These look fab!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

• The Coconut Mama October 2, 2012, 11:53 am

Your welcome, Ellen! They’re the easiest cookies I’ve ever made :)

• Kristin October 5, 2012, 9:33 am

I have to agree with Melanie, I’ve made them twice now and they are a runny mess for me. The edges burn and they spread crepe thin. Should I add more coconut flour? Am I adding too much honey? I do the 1 1/2 tablespoon, maybe next time I’ll just try 1 tablespoon and see if that helps.

• The Coconut Mama October 5, 2012, 2:08 pm

Hmmm I’m not sure what your doing to make the batter runny. Maybe you could refrigerate the dough before baking it?

• Jennifer Yates October 7, 2012, 4:28 pm

Is this recipe for mini cookies? I doubled the recipe and it made 7 tablespoon size cookies. They are really yummy, thanks!

• Shara November 21, 2012, 8:21 pm

the coconut oil was probably at room temp to make it runny

• The Coconut Mama November 21, 2012, 10:20 pm

Shara » You’re probably right, Shara!

• Melissa December 2, 2012, 11:24 am

Just a couple days ago I was put on a GAPS diet. High protein low carb diet!! I have struggled to find things to eat and of course get through the holidays. Your website has helped me a ton and I wanted to say, “Thank You” One question, if I am only allowed one fruit a day do you think I could skip my fruit and add a cookie or should I wait for a while to add these in…..They looked delicious and I was hoping for a treat to have a Christmas. I am concerned because I was told NO sugar!

• Katayoe February 28, 2013, 12:17 pm

Only 3 tablespoons of flour…is that right?

• Becca March 2, 2013, 4:06 pm

Coconut is a nut, and could cause anaphylaxis in people allergic to tree nuts, like my son (who nearly died after eating a bit of coconut back when I mistakenly thought it was a fruit). PLEASE don’t label things nut free that absolutely are NOT, it can cause some well-meaning person somewhere to put someone else in great danger.

• Terri June 10, 2013, 4:45 pm

The key to these cookies is using cold, solid coconut oil. Even after mixing the dough, place the bowl of dough in the freezer for a few minutes. You need to have a thick, solid dough going in the oven to maintain the round shapes shown in the pictures above.. The cookies are pretty good. We liked the cookies small, as coconut flour can tend to be like eating a spoon of peanut butter – rather thick and clingy in your mouth. We used expeller-pressed coconut oil that doesn’t have a coconut flavor, so the chocolate chips really make the cookies.

• Summer June 17, 2013, 1:01 pm

Yummy! I love the simplicity. Thanks, I can’t wait to try these.

• cheri August 7, 2013, 12:13 pm

hi tiffany, tried this recipe 2 times yesterday. both times it melted all together about 1/8 inch thick. it tasted good but ill have to use it for crumbly icecream topping. is there anything else you did to keep the shape? cheri

• Francesca February 3, 2014, 3:04 pm

I just baked these cookies, The flavour is really good, i love it! i have to say i doubled all the ingradients and i got 14 very tiny cookies…so i really don’t see how you got 12 small cookies out of just three tablespoons of flour…also i had to add some flour as they got quite runny, it think maybe too much coconut oil…they break very easily, not good for guests, they do not look very nice, mostly came out as crums, but they taste good anyway.

• Francesca February 4, 2014, 3:31 pm

they were good just out of the oven! after they got cold they got hard as rocks! not good…:(

• lumen April 10, 2014, 12:40 pm

I just made these and they came out fantastic! I tripled the recipe and used a 1/2 teaspoon to measure out the cookies. They are tiny and perfect! It made about 50 :) thank you!

• Janine April 17, 2014, 6:32 am

I use coconut flour in many of my recipes, and have found, thru alot of trial and error, that all coconut flour is not created equal unfortunately. This could be the issue with alot of the problems people are having. What brand of coconut flour do you use Tiffany?

• Christina April 27, 2014, 9:27 am

I made these tonight and they were yummy. I ended up tripling the recipe and that gave me 12 normal size cookies. I suggest adding more flour as they are a bit runny. I made these with brown rice syrup and they were sweet enough for me.

• Yuna- greenhealthygirl.com May 13, 2014, 11:03 am

These look amazing! I have 2lb of coconut flour! Now I know what I’ll do with it! Thanks!

• Kristen Campbell May 28, 2014, 5:47 pm

Made them with organic white chocolate chips, YUM! Thanks so much for posting!! :)

• Taylor June 16, 2014, 8:05 pm

Am I reading this wrong- only 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of coconut flour. Seems like you’d need more than just a couple tablespoons of everything. I really want to give these a try, but want to make sure I use the right amount. Thanks!

• The Coconut Mama June 16, 2014, 9:37 pm

Hi Taylor,

Yes, you read that right! This recipe only makes 8 tinny bite size cookies. The measurements are accurate. :)

• meg July 7, 2014, 10:55 am

I made these last night and they were good! I played with the recipe a bit , I’m currently doing aip paleo so I added cinnamon, and added a tbsp of tapioca and a tbsp more of coconut oil. Omitted the chocolate for aip

• Rachel July 21, 2014, 4:01 pm

Hi! What does the cookie taste like at the end? Do you have the nutrition? Also whats the texture of the done cookie?

• elly July 24, 2014, 4:35 pm

Yummy! Sweet! And EASY ! Great recipe :)

• Lindsey August 28, 2014, 5:03 pm

I’m new to GF baking. (I’m also dairy free.) And so far GF baking has been super intimidating. These turned out great! I love how simple and quick they are to make, and I love that this recipe just makes a very small batch. My husband (he’s not GF) even approved of them! I recommend sticking them in the freezer/fridge for several minutes before scooping them onto the cookie sheet.