Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars

So you want a healthy treat that isn’t full of junk? I got one for you! Meet my newest creation, The Chocolate Coconut Butter Bar. These little bars of joy are made with coconut butter, raw honey, vanilla extract and soy free chocolate chips. That’s it! They’re so easy to make, it’s dangerous! You may need to keep these ingredients out of your home just so you’re not tempted to make them daily. You are warned. 😉

Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars

Before we get to the recipe I want to let you know I used store-bought coconut butter. I do make my own coconut butter on occasions, but sometimes the store-bought is just better to use (It’s not as gritty). That said, I’m sure homemade coconut butter will work just fine in this recipe. I also used soy free chocolate chips, but I know my homemade chocolate chips will work too! Now to the recipes…

ad_spacer ad_spacer

Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars

1) Pour melted chocolate chips over a greased 5×7 bread pan.

2) Spread chocolate evenly over the bottom of the greased pan and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is set.

3) Melt coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add vanilla and sweeten to taste. I added about 3 tablespoons of honey to this batch.

4) Pour coconut butter mixture over cooled chocolate layer.

5) Refrigerate the bars for 1 hour or until the coconut butter layer is solid.

6) Bring bars to room temperature and cut into even squares (this is the easiest way to cut the bars).

7) Refrigerate the cut coconut butter bars.

8) Flip the bars out of the pan and serve.

9) Keep these babies stored in the refrigerator so the don’t melt on you!

10) Eat them up and enjoy!

Like This Recipe? Pin It On Pinterest!

So you want a healthy treat that isn't full of junk? I got one for you! Meet my newest creation, The Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars. These little bars of joy are made with coconut butter, raw honey, vanilla extract and soy free chocolate chips. #coconutoil #coconutbutter #chocolate

• Colleen June 5, 2014, 3:07 pm

Love your site! Had a quick question: I am making these right now, and the coconut butter mix doesn’t seem to be melting. Help! Lol

• The Coconut Mama June 5, 2014, 5:31 pm

How long has it been heating? You may want to turn up the heat a bit. What brand of coconut butter are you using?

• Sarah Auzina June 6, 2014, 10:04 am

Oooh I am making these this weekend! As soon as I whip up some coconut butter. :)

• Marena June 7, 2014, 11:24 pm

Gosh.. i love these! Cant eat enough of them!

• Claire McDonnell June 12, 2014, 5:35 am

Hi please could you tell me in ounces the cup size for chocolate chips and coconut butter? I’m from the UK x

• Miriana June 16, 2014, 2:44 pm

OMG! That recipe sounds soooo yummy! What do you think to add some raw coconut nectar instead of honey or maple syrup? I llike coconut nectar because it’s low glycemic and it doesn’t give me the sugar rush .

• Ree July 6, 2014, 10:06 pm

can u post a nutrition count?

• Jeanette July 13, 2014, 7:01 pm

I too could not melt the coconut butter. It was Artisana organic coconut butter. Nevertheless, I’m sure they’ll be delicious. I simply pushed the coconut butter onto the chocolate and placed it in the frig. Can’t wait! Thank you for your website! I love it!

• sandy August 18, 2014, 7:17 pm

Could you tell why coconut butter did not melt. The 1st I made them it did melt but this time it didn’t.
    Thanks

• jennie August 21, 2014, 1:48 am

coconut butter (Melrose brand) did not melt? I’m from australia and both coconut butter and oil are available here. It seems from this thread other people have trouble melting it.Is there a trick?

• Ethel August 22, 2014, 12:13 pm

Can you use coconut oil the solid in place of coconut butter. Thanks

• Betzy September 14, 2014, 12:58 pm

This just doesn’t seem to work. I’ve tried doing this 3 times in a row and the coconut butter is not melting…?? Instead it forms into a ball and won’t get into a liquidity consistency. Kinda like mashed potatoes. Please help
    Note: first time I made this it was delicious!! Had to make it again not sure what’s going on this time around..feels like im just throwing money down the drain

• Sandra September 16, 2014, 5:33 pm

Can I use cocanut oil instead of coconut butter?

• Cathy September 19, 2014, 9:58 am

MMMMMmmmm Good! And you’re correct. too much of a good thing is over indulgence!!!

• Karla September 29, 2014, 12:22 pm

Is coconut butter different from coconut manna?

• Svetlana September 30, 2014, 6:35 am

Just amazing!

• Denice October 4, 2014, 12:20 pm

My coconut butter didn’t melt on the stove so I nuked it so it would spread easier. What Heat are you using?

• Rachael @ Love Yourself Green December 10, 2014, 4:38 pm

I must’ve missed this one! How easy and yummy is this recipe?! Omg. Thank you, doll. Can’t wait to eat this. xo

• Linda December 30, 2014, 10:24 am

how high of speed in your processor to you need to make coconut butter , is 500 watt high enough ?

• Jo January 15, 2015, 11:46 am

The chocolate coconut butter/manna bars: recipe says pour chocolate over the pan – is this a typo or do you flip the pan over and pour on the outside?? Sorry to be confused.

• The Coconut Mama January 16, 2015, 9:31 am

I don’t see that in the recipe directions. Where did you read that? I’ll paste it below…

Pour melted chocolate chips over a greased 5×7 bread pan.
      Spread chocolate evenly over pan and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
      Pour coconut butter mixture over cooled chocolate layer.
      Refrigerate the bars for 1 hour or until the coconut butter layer is solid.
      Refrigerate the cut coconut butter bars.
      Flip the bars out of the pan and serve.
      Keep these babies stored in the refrigerator so the don’t melt on you!

• Linda January 26, 2015, 2:01 pm

Your very first line in your instructions says to Pour melted chocolate chips “over” a greased 5×7 bread pan. In think you mean “in”.

• staci January 30, 2015, 9:12 am

It’s right there in the first line “Pour melted chocolate chips over a greased 5×7 bread pan.” that’s strange wording, usually means “turn the container upside down and pour melted substance over the upturned end”. You might want to fix that…

• carolyn January 27, 2015, 5:00 pm

I believe she means to ‘pour the chocolate in the pan’ (she uses “over the pan’ as a meaning to ‘pouring chocolate into pan and spreading across the inside of the pan,

• Krin Patrie January 25, 2015, 6:54 pm

I thought of you when I read Coconut oil increases growth hormones. I am putting together a healthy diet plan for my co workers, and will be including lots of coconut oil. Thank you for writing your blog.

• rose February 21, 2015, 8:44 am

Love your work! How come my coconut butter, chocolate bars are 3/4″ tall and yours look so much thicker. I bought commercial coconut butter which is not as white as your homemade!! As you had stated :-)
    Really, really appreciate your contributions to good health!!! Do we know the fat content of these coconut butter, chocolate bars?

• Melissa March 1, 2015, 8:33 am

Nutritional info would be very helpful, pls n thx :)