These air fryer Brussel sprouts are one of my favorite air fryer recipes! Made with simple ingredients and topped with parmesan cheese, this keto side dish is a must try!
The air fryer has revolutionized food! I love making healthier versions of my favorite foods that would normally be deep fried. I also love how quickly the air fryer cooks food. Brussel sprouts will be in season soon so I’ve been experimenting with different ways to prepare them and I found that the air fryer makes them crispy and delicious!
I’m always looking for ways to add healthy vegetables to my diet and brussels sprouts are a great veggie because they’re highly nutritious and low carb. Brussel sprouts look like mini cabbages and can be found at the farmers market from August to March in the United States. They’re a cruciferous vegetable and are considered a healthy plant-based food to include in your diet.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
For this recipe you will need a pound of brussels sprouts, extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.
Place the brussel sprouts in a microwave safe bowl with a cup of water. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly tender. Alternatively, you can blanch the Brussel sprouts in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Drain the tender brussels sprouts and let them cool. Lay the Brussel sprouts on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Then use a flat pan or spatula to flatten the Brussel sprouts. Remove the paper towels and drizzle the Brussel sprouts with a tablespoon of oil and season with the garlic , onion, paprika, salt and black pepper. Toss the sprouts in the seasoning to coat them well.
Next, place the smashed brussel sprouts onto a greased pan or air fryer tray, and air fry at 275 degrees fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Then, flip the brussel sprouts and air fry for another 10 minutes. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees fahrenheit and air fry until crispy.
Remove the air fryer brussel sprouts from the air fryer and place them on a serving plate. Sprinkle the crispy air fryer brussels sprouts with parmesan cheese and serve.
- I don’t have an air fryer. Can I make this recipe in a regular oven? Yes! You can follow the instructions in the recipe card, but instead of using an air fryer, roast the brussel sprouts on a parchment paper lined baking sheet at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Can I make this recipe Paleo and Whole30 compliment? Yes, simply omit the parmesan cheese and this recipe will be suitable for your dietary needs.
- How do I store leftover air fryer brussel sprouts? Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat the sprouts, place them back in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 300 degrees fahrenheit to crisp them up!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts (Keto)
These air fryer Brussel sprouts are my new favorite way to prepare Brussel sprouts! These crispy sprouts make the perfect side dish and are keto friendly!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: keto
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts with the ends trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place the brussels sprouts into a microwave safe bowl with a cup of water. Cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Drain the brussels sprouts, and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a flat pan or plate to flatten the brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the sprouts with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the smashed brussels sprouts onto a greased pan or tray, and air fry at 275 degrees for 10 minutes per side.
- Increase the temperature to 350 degrees, and air fry until crispy.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g (7.5g net carbs)
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 5.8g