This delicious keto broccoli salad is sugar-free and low carb! Made with sugar-free bacon, broccoli, onion, cheese, and almonds; this recipe is easy to make and has paleo and vegan options!
Broccoli salad is a summer staple salad filled with a sweet and salty flavor and crunchy textures. Unfortunately, this summer salad often has a bit of sugar in it due to the dried fruit, sweet dressing, and bacon (did you know most bacon contains sugar?). But this low-carb version is entirely sugar-free and an excellent salad for anyone following a low carb or keto diet.
How To Make Keto Broccoli Salad
For this recipe, you’ll need broccoli florets, sugar-free bacon (I get mine from ButcherBox), red onion, sliced almonds, shredded cheese, mayo, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, swerve sugar substitute, and sea salt. I like to add seeds to this salad to add a crunch, but you can leave them out if you prefer.
Start by rinsing the broccoli in cold water and removing the broccoli ends from the florets. Then, chop the red onion and set it aside. Next, mix the broccoli florets, red onion, chopped bacon, almonds, and shredded cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
Then make the keto broccoli salad dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, swerve sugar substitute, and salt together in a small bowl.
Pour the prepared dressing over the broccoli salad and mix until combined. Serve immediately or chill before serving.
This keto broccoli salad is wonderful served alone or works as a perfect side dish. I have served it with my coconut chicken and baked keto salmon filets.
Yes! You can omit the shredded cheese or use a dairy-free cheese substitute instead.
To make this salad vegan, you will need to omit the bacon or use a bacon alternative, leave out the cheese, and use vegan mayonnaise in the dressing.
Check your local health food stores for keto-approved bacon. I order my bacon from ButcherBox.
Related Keto Recipes:Print
Keto Broccoli Salad
This is the best low carb broccoli salad recipe made with natural ingredients, fresh broccoli, and a tangy dressing. This keto broccoli salad tastes just as good as classic broccoli salad, but without the sugar!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 serverings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sugar-free bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (try this homemade olive oil mayonnaise recipe)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons swerve confectioners sugar substitute (monk fruit or stevia can be used as well)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Mix the broccoli florets, red onion, crispy bacon, almonds, and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- For the homemade dressing, you’ll mix the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and Swerve confectioners sugar substitute in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the bowl with the broccoli, and stir to combine the ingredients well. Add nuts or seeds, if desired and mix.
- Serve immediately, or chill before serving if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Fat: 29.3g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3g (2.8g net carbs)
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 7.5g
Delicious! Left out bacon and it’s great! Can do a variety of things with this!
Thank you so much 😊
Can’t wait to make this recipe this week! 😋
I love your recipes!
Don’t we have to cook the broccoli to avoid thyroid problems?