If you’re looking to bring some pizzazz to your breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner routine, I have a fun suggestion.
They’re loaded with hearty almond flour and enough vanilla to make you embrace the word “swoon.”
Bonus, bonus: They’re adorable and pair perfectly with maple syrup and blueberries.
And if you’re in the mood to really pamper yourself, you could load them up with roughly chopped cherries for an out-of-this-world flavor combination.
But, I was just in the mood to appreciate the flavor of almond, so I kept these pretty simple.
However, you can have a ball playing with flavor combinations, because – let’s face it – almonds pair pretty perfectly with everything!
Almond flour pancakes ingredients and substitutions
Here’s everything you’ll need to make delicious, fluffy almond flour pancakes:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
While almond meal is often a good sub for almond flour, I wouldn’t recommend almond meal for these pancakes. The texture is just a little too coarse to be toothsome in these pretty little pancakes.
Also, feel free to play around with the milk – your favorite milk will work perfectly in these pancakes! I used whole milk, but you could use oat milk, or almond milk, or even chocolate almond milk for a fun twist.
How to make almond flour pancakes
Once you’ve assembled your ingredients, this is a simple and straightforward recipe. Here’s what you need to do:
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to combine.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter and olive oil.
- Drop the batter into the melted butter mixture using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges and on top of the pancakes.
- Flip, and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
(And then eat them!)
Recipes and Tips:Print
Enjoy these delicious almond pancakes with maple syrup and fruit, for the ultimate decadent breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 pancakes 1x
1 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to combine.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter and olive oil.
Drop the batter into the melted butter mixture using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges and on top of the pancakes.
Flip, and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
- Serving Size: `
- Calories: 388
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Fat: 36.1g
- Saturated Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9.2g
- Cholesterol: 138mg