These chocolate coconut clusters are the perfect treat! Made with only two ingredients: coconut flakes, and chocolate, this simple recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious!
Chocolate and coconut are two of my favorite ingredients! So I know it will be a hit whenever I create a new recipe with these simple ingredients!
Coconut clusters are a popular treat that combines toasted coconut with sunflower seeds, chia seeds, nuts, and sometimes chocolate. You can purchase them in the store (I’ve tried costco coconut clusters and they’re amazing) or easily make them at home. My version of this treat combines coconut flakes with melted dark chocolate to create the BEST coconut treat.
How To Make Coconut Clusters
For this recipe, you will need one cup of unsweetened coconut flakes or toasted coconut and one cup of chocolate chips (milk chocolate or dark chocolate).
Measure the ingredients and place them in a small pot or large bowl. Warm the chocolate and coconut over low heat in a saucepan or for 1-3 minutes on low heat in the microwave.
Once the chocolate melts, mix the coconut and chocolate to coat the coconut flakes. If you’re using other ingredients like pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds, add them to the melted chocolate and mix.
Next, scoop the coconut clusters onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, use a cookie scoop to scoop the clusters onto the sheet. Top with more seeds or sea salt.
Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies have been set. Then, remove the coconut clusters from the wax paper and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Can these be made with sugar free chocolate? Yes, you can make keto coconut clusters by using stevia sweetened chocolate chips! I’ve used Lily’s milk, white chocolate, and dark chocolate chips in this recipe and all taste great!
- Are coconut clusters vegan? You can easily make this recipe vegan by using vegan chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
- Can I double this recipe? Yes, this recipe can easily be doubled! You will need two cups of coconut, and two cups of chocolate chips if you’d like to double the recipe. Then, follow the instructions as written in the recipe card.
These homemade coconut clusters are the perfect treat for anyone on a gluten-free, paleo, vegan, or low carb diet.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 3-5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup of organic coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips (or your favorite chocolate)
- Optional: almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, chia seeds, or other nuts, seeds, or sea salt for topping
- Measure the coconut and chocolate chips into a large bowl. Warm the chocolate and coconut in the microwave for 1-3 minutes or until the chocolate begins to melt. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the stove top.
- Stir the coconut mixture with a spoon until all the crunchy coconut is covered with chocolate.
- Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture onto a sheet pan or baking sheet, or use a cookie spoon to measure out the clusters. Top with optional seeds or sea salt.
- Next, place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate sets.
- Store leftover coconut clusters in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition facts below reflect using stevia sweetened chocolate chips.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Fat: 19.4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g (3.7g net carbs)
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 3.5g