These coconut chips are a snack for every coconut lover! We sprinkle them on top of our homemade coconut milk ice cream, coconut flour cupcakes, mix them into our granola and eat them plain.
These coconut chips taste amazing! I love to eat them right out of the oven. They’re sweet, salty, and coconutty. They keep for several months. We like to make a large batch of them to keep on hand to decorate my coconut treats (like my coconut milk coffee latte).
I first discovered coconut chips while shopping at Costco years ago. I fell in love with them and decided I needed to learn how to make them myself.
To my surprise, it was effortless to make them, and I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen to do so!
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT CHIPS
Coconut chips are easy and quick to make and are a great addition to desserts, smoothies, chia seed pudding, salads, sandwiches, soups, and more.
These chips are simple and only uses five ingredients. You’ll need coconut flakes, vanilla extract, maple syrup, coconut oil, and sea salt.
Next, you’ll spread the coconut chips evenly over a cookie sheet. I didn’t think to line my cookie sheet, but I think it’s a good idea! A sheet of parchment paper would help with the cleanup of this recipe.
Lastly, bake the chips until crispy, about 12-15 minutes.
Store the chips in an air-tight container. Use on desserts, drinks, salads, and more. Enjoy!
Flavor Options: Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the coconut flakes to add a cinnamon flavor! You may also like to add lime extract to the chips before baking to make coconut-lime flavored chips!
Coconut Chips FAQ
- Are coconut chips low carb? Yes, they are lower carb but you can choose to use a sweetener instead of maple syrup to make them even lower in sugar. Lakanto makes a sugar-free maple syrup that works great in this recipe.
- Are coconut chips good for keto? They are just make sure not to overdue it with them or try sweetening them with sugar-free maple syrup to keep your carbs low.
- Can I make coconut chips from fresh coconuts? Yes! Follow the instructions for making shredded coconut here, but instead of using a grater to grate the coconut meat, you’ll use a vegetable peeler to make larger size flakes.
If you love this coconut chips recipe, then please give some of my other coconut-inspired recipes a try!
- How To Make Desiccated Coconut
- Coconut Butter Recipe (Made from coconut flakes)
- 50+ Coconut Flour Recipes
- Coconut Milk Vs Coconut Cream: What’s The Difference
- How To Use Coconut Milk Powder
Coconut Chips Recipe
These coconut chips are a treat for every coconut lover! We sprinkle them on top of our homemade coconut milk ice cream, coconut flour cupcakes, mix them into our granola and eat them plain.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Preheat the oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. stir to combine.
- Add the coconut flakes and gently stir to coat it with the mixture.
- Spread the coconut flakes in an even layer on the parchment paper, drizzle any excess liquid over the coconut.
- Bake for 12 minutes, stirring and flipping the flakes every 3-5 minutes until crispy and golden. Watch them carefully in the last few minutes asn they can be easily burnt.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, it will continue to crisp as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 3 tablespoons
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1g