Grain free and delicious, this coconut flour cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
This vanilla coconut flour cake is light and just sweet, but not too sweet. It’s simple to make and whips up in a cinch. You can use this recipe to make cupcakes, birthday cake or just for a fun treat.
The recipe below makes one 8-inch cake. You can double the recipe to make two cakes or to make cupcakes. Top the cake with your favorite frosting or with whipped coconut cream!
If you are using Pinterest, please feel free to use the following photo:
Baking with coconut flour can be a little tricky so I want to give you a few tips before you get started.
- First, sift your flour. It’s a simple step but it makes a difference in the texture of the cake.
- Allow the eggs to come to room temperature.
- Coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid so don’t add more than what the recipe says to. The batter will be thick!
You may also like:Print
Coconut Flour Cake
This recipe makes one 8-inch cake. Double the recipe to make a tiered cake or to make a 9×13 inch sheet cake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Melted Coconut Oil or Butter
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 6 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, eggs, oil, salt and vanilla together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Scoop the batter into a greased 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake the cake for 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few crumbs attached
- Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 252.5
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Sodium: 12
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 170mg
Last Updated on