Enjoy these healthy coconut flour biscuits with a side of eggs and bacon. They’re gluten-free, low in carbohydrates and are delicious!
I love biscuits.
They’re flaky, buttery and delicious!
I was on the hunt for a low(er) carb biscuit recipe and had no luck finding anything that didn’t call for weird ingredients (like low carb bisquick).
So I decided to try my famous biscuit recipe with coconut flour. I knew it was most likely to fail since converting regular flour recipes to coconut flour can be tricky, but to my surprise I had luck with my first try!
These easy-to-make grain free biscuits require just six ingredients: coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, eggs, cream and salt.
This recipe is very different compared to regular biscuits.
Instead of making a dough and cutting out biscuits, you’ll be scooping the batter out onto a cookie sheet (picture below). The batter for these biscuits is very wet! But don’t let that turn you off, these biscuits are delicious and probably the best coconut flour recipe I’ve ever made! You would never guess they are grain free.
Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Cream (you use coconut cream for a dairy free option)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and cream together.
- Pour the egg and cream mixture into the medium bowl with dry ingredients.
- Mix the batter and allow it to set for a few minutes (this gives the coconut flour time to soak up the wet ingredients).
- Use a large scoop spoon (I used an ice-cream scoop) and scoop the batter onto a cookie sheet.
- Continue until all the batter is used up.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Let the biscuits cool before serving. Enjoy!
You May Also Like: