I’ve always been a big fan of eggnog, especially around the holidays. I’ve created a rich coconut milk eggnog made with simple, natural ingredients.
If you haven’t tried eggnog you’re seriously missing out! This beverage is rich and creamy with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. I like to sweeten mine with pure maple syrup, or maple syrup aged in bourbon barrels (I found this at costco this year and it’s amazing).
I used full fat coconut milk as the base for this recipe since it’s very rich and think, similar to traditional eggnog. Egg yolks are a main ingredient in eggnog and add a richness to the recipe. If you’re not a fan of eggs (or can’t have them) don’t worry you can leave them out. You’ll still be able to enjoy this lovely recipe!
This coconut milk eggnog can be served warm or cold. Top with coconut whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Other ways to use coconut milk eggnog:
- Use as a base in homemade ice cream to make eggnog ice cream.
- Add it to your coffee in the morning
- Try making a holiday smoothie with homemade eggnog! Blend cold eggnog with coconut kefir or coconut yogurt, a frozen banana and a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
Make this recipe vegan by leaving out the egg yolks. Looking for low sugar option? Use sugar-free substitute instead of maple syrup like Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup or use stevia or monk fruit sweetener instead.Print
Coconut Milk Eggnog
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Beverages
- 2 Cans Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 4 Organic Egg Yolks* (preferably pasture raised)
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup (add more if you like)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
- Extra Cinnamon (optional – to make it look fancy)
- Heat coconut milk over low-medium heat.
- Stir in egg yolks. continue to stir until the coconut milk is thick.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate until cool, 2-3 hours.
- Pour into individual cups.
- Top with coconut whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
*Egg yolks are optional and can be left out.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 14.6g
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 34.4g
- Saturated Fat: 29g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19.3
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 180mg