These eucalyptus shower steamers are going to enhance your shower to a spa-like experience! As the shower steamer gets hit with the hot water it will release the fragrance of the eucalyptus offers a soothing effect! Enjoy the aromatherapeutic benefits of this steamer for your next shower.
Skip the bath bombs and use this shower bomb for creating that deep relaxation with a tantalizing scent. Now you can always swap out the fragrance oils to create different aromas. Lavender scents are great for relaxing and creating a deep rest. The at-home spa experience you will thank me for later. Or gift these to your friends or loved ones.
What is a shower steamer?
Shower steamers or also known as shower bombs is a mix of Epsom salt, essential oil, eucalyptus leaves, and more all pressed into a mold. Once it is dried, you will then place the steamer in the direct stream of water on the floor of your shower, or place beside the water stream. It will begin to melt from the warm water.
As the water hits the steamer it will release the fragrance and help create a soothing shower. Now you can use different scents to fit your needs. Eucalyptus is great for soothing a headache, clearing sinus, and more. Where lavender is soothing and helps to relax your body. Where an orange fragrance can be a good energy boost. You will find there are fragrances with pure essential oils for any needs you might like.
This is a great way for self care for you when you are in the shower room. It is going to transform your shower into a spa style shower. You will find steamers made with real essential oils over synthetic fragrances is by far the best shower steamers.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Epsom Salt – This is a magnesium sulfate which will help soothe sore muscles and can help to remove inflammation in your body.
- Baking Soda – You will find that baking soda is a natural deodorizer and works great in creating the perfect texture for your steamer.
- Essential Oil and Leaves – I used dried eucalyptus leaves and essential oil to create an aroma for the steamers. I did use natural essential oils to ensure you can benefit from it as well as enjoy the fragrance. The dried leaves offer a pretty look to the steamers. Note: The dried leaves are optional and not needed to make these steamers.
- Water – The water helps create the right texture so it sets up properly and can be easily removed from the mold you used.
How to Make Eucalyptus Shower Steamers
- Add the ingredients into a bowl. Mix well to combine the steamer ingredients.
- Fill the shower steamer mixture into the mold. Then press the mixture into the mold to make sure it is packed into it. Allow it to sit for 24 hours to dry.
- Once they are hardened you will carefully remove from the mold and place in an airtight container.
- Then use in your daily shower routine as you would like.
Tips For Making The Best Shower Steamers
- Silicone molds work best when making these steamers. You are going to find you can easily bend and move the mold as you go to remove it.
- Make sure to allow enough time for the essential oil steamers to fully set. If you do not, you will find it can crumble and break apart.
- Quality essential oils are key as it is going to help you reap the benefits from the oil, and it will offer the best fragrance.
- Don’t add too much water, as it can cause the texture of the shower steamers to not set up properly.
Yes you can use a shower steamer each day when you shower if you want. You can use this in your daily routine for sure. Create individual scents to try out different aromas and find what your favorite fragrances are.
You can store your steamers in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Now you can wrap them individually with paper. Or even sit each one in a muffin tin liner if you want to stack them. Then remove one for using. If they get too much humidity or exposed to moisture it can affect the steamers texture.
DIY Eucalyptus Shower Steamers
Easy-peasy shower steamer recipe made with epsom salts, baking soda and eucalyptus essential oil.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 hours
- Total Time: 1 day
- Yield: 10–12 shower diffusers 1x
- Category: DIY
- 1/2 cup epsom salts
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 25 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- Mix the salt and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add in essential oils and water.
- Stir well and fill the silicon molds and press down.
- Allow the shower steamers toast for 24 hours before removing from the molds.
- Once they’ve hardened, remove them from the molds and store in an air-tight container.
How To Use: Place a shower steamer on the bottom of the share and allow the steamer to melt while using the shower.