Tender and juicy chicken thighs and butternut squash, this one skillet chicken thighs dish with and roasted butternut squash makes for an easy and incredibly flavorful weeknight meal.
This wonderful skillet chicken dinner is so simple to throw together and packed with lots of flavor.
While it’s a great dish to add into your weeknight dinner plans, this roasted chicken dinner is also impressive enough for gatherings and get togethers. All you have to do is to sear the chicken and sauté the butternut squash for a couple of minutes then toss them together, place in the oven until cooked through, and you’ll have an amazing dinner ready in under 30 minutes!
One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Butternut Squash
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 cut organic chicken thighs
- 2–3 cup butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the coconut oil, saute the cubed butternut squash until tender, for about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Once squash is soft, remove from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Season the thighs with smoked paprika, chili, salt and pepper. In the same skillet add chicken thighs, skin side down and cook for 7 minutes. Flip the thighs over and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the squash back into the skillet all around the thighs.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top & place in the preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for further 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven, top with fresh chopped thyme. Serve warm
Leave a Comment