Roasted sweet potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. They pair well with many of my favorite meals, they’re rich in flavor and are high in nutrients.
Oven roasted sweet potatoes make for a tasty side dish! They pair well with many meals like baked chicken, roast, pork loin and many other savory meals.
Sweet potatoes are rich in flavor and are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, magnesium and potassium. There are many ways to add this delicious healthy food to your diet! I love sweet potato casserole, baked sweet potato crackers (grain free), baked sweet potatoes (sometimes we stuff them with goodies) and roasted sweet potatoes in coconut oil.
Roasted sweet potatoes are easy to prepare and can be seasoned in a variety of ways. My family likes them seasoned with rosemary and sea salt and I like to sweeten them up with cinnamon! You can use any oil to bake your sweet potatoes in but I always use coconut oil. It gives the sweet potatoes a lovely sweet coconut flavor. Plus, coconut oil is the healthiest fat to cook with!
However you decide to season your roasted sweet potatoes, I’m sure they’ll be a huge hit at your dinner table!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Coconut Oil
To get started you’ll need to skin your sweet potatoes and cut them into cubes.
Then you’re going melt a few tablespoons of coconut oil and pour it over sweet potatoes. Toss the sweet potatoes in the coconut oil to ensure they’re evenly coated.
Next you’ll season the sweet potatoes. Add 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Toss to coat and spread the potatoes over a rimmed baking sheet.
Place in the over and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.Print
Roasted Sweet Potatoes In Coconut Oil
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- 2 Pounds Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Rosemary (or Cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Melt coconut oil and pour it over the sweet potatoes.
- Toss to coat and add salt and rosemary or cinnamon.
- Spread the sweet potatoes over a rimmed baking sheet and place them in the oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour or until they’re golden and slightly crispy.
- Serving Size: 4