Paleo Chicken Pad Thai is made with sweet potato noodles and drizzled with a smooth and creamy cashew butter sauce. This recipe makes an easy and healthy weeknight dinner.
This flavorful and vibrant sweet potato paleo chicken pad Thai will be your new favorite. It has the Thai like flavors but with healthy ingredients, creamy cashew butter and coconut aminos instead of peanut and soy and spiralized sweet potatoes as a replacement for the rice noodles.
You can use other vegetables like zucchini instead of potatoes if you prefer. Sweet potatoes are beautiful and vibrant, they’re also loaded with fiber and nutrients, including beta-carotene, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants, calcium, potassium, and iron too.
If you don’t have a Spiralizer you can use a julian peeler instead. I prefer the spiralizer because it cuts all the noodles the same size, making it easier to cook them all evenly. Make sure not to over-cook the sweet potato noodles for this recipe. They will be later added to the hot skillet and continue to cook a little.
- Paleo Thai Tea Recipe
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- How To Make Zucchini Noodles
Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 pound chicken breast fillets, cut into small cubes
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, mince
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized into noodles
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or date paste (whole 30 approved)
- 1 tablespoon paleo approved fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl or jar and whisking well until you get a creamy consistency.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Add the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Cook, while stirring, until the noodles are tender but not too soft, about 3-4 minutes. Remove and place on a plate.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add in one tablespoon of coconut oil. Add in shallot and garlic to saute for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the eggs into the pan and cook for a few minutes, until the eggs are cooked through. Add the sweet potato noodles back in. Pour in the sauce and mix.
- Add in the cashews and toss to mix. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.