This turmeric scrub is made with natural ingredients that will give your skin a natural glow! Made with organic sugar, coconut oil, turmeric powder, rosehip seed oil, and essential oils, this skin-loving body scrub is a great addition to your skin-care routine!
If you have browsed around this website you’ll find many DIY beauty recipes like my homemade body butter, simple sugar scrub, and homemade lip balm. These DIYs are great for beginners and are super easy to make at home.
I love to create homemade beauty products from ingredients in my kitchen! I like to use skincare products that are safe enough to eat, and this turmeric scrub meets those standards. This homemade body scrub has a key ingredient turmeric, which has many health benefits for both your body and your skin!
Why I love Turmeric…
- Source of curcumin (a primary curcuminoid found in turmeric)
- Rich in polyphenols and antioxidants
- May help lighten dark spots on the skin
- May help reduce scarring and acne scars
- Helps to even uneven skin tone
- Anti-inflammatory properties
How To Make Turmeric Body Scrub
For this recipe you will need, one cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons rosehip seed oil, and 2 tablespoons turmeric powder. and 10-20 drops of essential oils.
Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or over the stovetop. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, melted coconut oil, rosehip oil, turmeric powder, and essential oils. Mix well to form a sugar scrub paste.
Store in a glass jar or air-tight container.
How To Use Turmeric Scrub: Gently massage a medium amount of scrub on the skin. Rub the scrub in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
About The Ingredients
- Sugar: Sugar is an excellent exfoliate and is safe for most skin types.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil penetrates deep into the skin, leaving the skin hydrated and soft.
- Turmeric Powder: A powder herb rich in polyphenols and antioxidants.
- Rose Hip Seed Oil: A hydrating body oil that penetrates the skin without leaving an oily residue.
- Essential Oils: High in antioxidants and great for the skin. They also offer a lovely scent that pairs well with turmeric.
This ingredient is completely optional, but I want to share it here anyway for anyone who’d like to add it to this turmeric scrub recipe. Adding a minimal amount of preservatives or antioxidants to homemade body care products helps extend the shelf life and protect the product from going rancid. Vitamin E oil and rosemary antioxidants (not to be confused with rosemary leaf extract) are great natural alternatives that can help preserve your sugar scrubs. I haven’t personally used a preservative in this scrub, but Geogard ECT would be my choice. This preservative should be .6-1% of the formula if you choose to use it.
DIY Turmeric Body Scrub
This homemade turmeric sugar scrub exfoliates the skin and helps remove dead skin cells. Full of powerful antioxidants, this exfoliating scrub is wonderful for all skin types and skin conditions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 ounces 1x
- Category: DIY
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or over the stovetop.
- Mix the sugar, melted coconut oil, rosehip oil, turmeric powder, and essential oils in a medium bowl. Mix well to form a thick paste. Scoop the scrub into a container and secure it with a lid.
- Store in a cool dry space for up to 3 months.
How To Use: Gently massage an adequate amount of body scrub on the skin. Rub the scrub in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1