This is a relatively easy pie crust recipe. I had dinner guests this weekend, one of which is currently gluten-free. As you know, I do a lot of gluten/grain free cooking in my home, so this wasn’t a difficult task. When it came to dessert, I wanted to make something that would taste scrumptious enough that even my “picky” guests would enjoy. I made a triple layer caramel cheesecake with a coconut flour crust. Needless to say, it hit the spot and was enjoyed by all (including The Coconut Baby). If you use this crust for a dessert, add the raw honey or other natural sweetener to taste. If you use it for a savory dish (like Quiche Lorraine) omit the sweetener all together.
Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup Grass Fed Butter, Melted
- 2 Eggs, Preferably Local Pastured
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt – where to buy salt
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour – where to buy coconut flour
- 1-3 Tablespoons Raw Honey – where to buy natural sweeteners
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl beat butter, eggs, honey and salt together with a fork.
- Then add coconut flour. Stir until dough holds together.
- Gather the dough into a ball, then pat into a 9″ greased pie pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let cool.