Baking with coconut flour can be a little tricky. You need to use a lot of eggs to help bind the flour together so the final product holds up. Coconut flour baked goods are usually a little dense and crumbly. But for anyone who isn’t able to eat wheat or gluten, coconut flour baked goods are a wonderful substitute!
This is a basic muffin recipe using coconut flour. Use this recipe as a base for simple muffins or add orange or lemon zest, dried fruit, or chocolate to this recipe to create your favorite muffin.
Simple Coconut Flour Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour – where to buy coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt – where to buy salt
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted – where to buy coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of raw honey – where to buy natural sweeteners
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let muffins cool before serving. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.