Coconut Flour Cookies

3 Ingredient Coconut Flour Cookies

This recipe for Coconut Flour Cookies is shared by Lauren of Empowered SustenanceThese cookies are grain free and egg free and only contain three ingredients! Lauren, thank you for sharing this great recipe with my readers!

Hi Coconut Mama Readers!

I’m Lauren, author of Empowered Sustenance, and a coconut fanatic! I’m excited to share a my go-to coconut flour dessert with you, but first I want to give you some background into my real food transition.

My Real Food Transition

Five years ago, as a freshman in high school, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. For a while, I held my colitis under control by obliviously popping prescriptions to suppress any symptoms. Unfortunately, my colitis advanced aggressively while the pills muted my body’s attempts at communicating with me. “You are probably looking at a colon resection in the future,” my doctor solemnly told me. Horrified tears streamed down my face as I promised myself that I would never loose my colon.

Last fall, with that vow, I left for college–armed with potent immune-suppressing medication and a plan to eat and sleep well in the dorm. During that first semester at college, my colitis flared constantly. I struggled to mask my health issues, but I could no longer hide my dwindling energy or humiliating hair loss caused by my medication and distressed intestines. At the end of the fall semester, I signed up for online college courses, headed back home, and ditched my prescriptions. I threw myself wholeheartedly into treating my colitis with nutrition.

I submerged myself in healing books in order to manage my colitis with diet–not medication

Healing with the GAPS Diet

I began the GAPS diet four months ago, and it has been the most important step on my healing journey. GAPS means a lot of creative cooking, though, and I turned to blogs like Tiffany’s for great grain-free recipes. I started Empowered Sustenance because I love sharing my GAPS, SCD, and Paleo friendly creations! Also, recipes on Empowered Sustenance are always grain free, nut free, and often dairy and egg free.

Egg Free Coconut Flour Victory

Yes, it’s true–these three ingredient coconut flour cookies contain no eggs! Coconut flour has developed a finicky reputation because it demands a large amount of eggs in baked goods. Butter holds these shortbread-like cookies together without eggs for a grain free, allergy-friendly treat.

This recipe yields eight two-bite-sized cookies. I’m a big proponent of cooking in bulk, so why the small batch? Honey is a natural humectant, which means it draws moisture from the air. As a result, these cookies soften the longer they sit. For a tender, melt-in-your mouth texture, enjoy these cookies warm from the oven.

Don’t shy away from the large ratio of coconut flour to butter. Butter is a miraculous superfood, haven’t you heard? Scout out some raw butter from pastured cows for the most health benefits. If you can’t find that, Kerrygold butter comes from pastured cows and is available in large grocery stores.

Three Ingredient Coconut Flour Cookies

IngredientsCoconut Flour Cookies

1.  Preheat the oven to 365 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor or blend with a pastry blender. The dough will be soft and slightly sticky. Divide into 8 small balls and flatten slightly on the baking sheet.
  2.  Bake until the edges are light golden, about 9 minutes. These over bake quickly, so keep an eye on them. Let the cookies cool completely before removing from the baking sheet or they will crumble.Enjoy!
  3.  Makes 8 two-bite-sized cookies.

• Julie w. August 27, 2012, 9:17 am

Oh thank you! I am super pregnant and hungry, so easy and healthy cookies have just made my day!

• Caroline Lunger August 27, 2012, 10:20 am

LOVE! you are a genius for those who cannot have eggs :)

• Robin @ Thank Your Body August 27, 2012, 12:43 pm

Wow! These look yummy! Can’t wait to try them!

• Lisa G August 27, 2012, 1:05 pm

I am eliminating eggs this week to check for allergies. I am so happy you posted this I could cry. I also have a ton of coconut flour from making coconut milk. Thank you from the bottom of my butter loving heart.

• Belenda August 27, 2012, 1:31 pm

Hi Lauren – thank you for this recipe. I will be trying it as soon as I’m done with my P2 hCG round in a couple weeks! Can’t wait!! Although, I may make them for my son, now that I think about it. He too has gone thru hell over the last 12 months with SIBO which shares the same symptoms as colitis and chrones. everyone thought he was dying because he lost so much weight!! however, what I wanted to tell you is that he has found totally freaking AWESOME wellness doctors that CAN HELP YOU BEAT THIS! My son is at least 90% whole again. He’s made incredible progress just in the last 3 month’s with Dr. Snow. If you want info or would like to email my son about info, please let me know. I wish everyone that suffers from this to get better…..and now I know it’s possible with the RIGHT guidance.

• Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance August 27, 2012, 5:55 pm

Hi Belenda! I’m so glad to hear that you son has made so much progress with his health! I would love any information about the doctor he sees–I am always looking for new resources!

• Marie Bishop September 26, 2012, 10:37 am

I would be very interested in Dr. Snow’s info. I have a 6 year old with Crohn’s. Thanks!

• lisa August 27, 2012, 1:35 pm

veganize it by using cold coconut oil and maple syrup, looking forward to trying it out

• Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance August 27, 2012, 5:57 pm

I haven’t tried it with coconut oil before–I can’t promise that the recipe will work because butter is about 15-20% water. I hope the coconut oil works for you!

• Joelle Campbell August 27, 2012, 4:02 pm

Are you certain about your measurements? I doubled the recipe & barely got 6 cookies. I did not use a food processor however. Would that have made the difference?? Regardless, the cookies were very tasty!!

• Lauren @ Empowered Sustenance August 27, 2012, 5:58 pm

Yep–measurements are correct. When I say “bite-sized” cookies, I mean bite-sized cookies :-) The pictures just make them look large. The food processor wouldn’t make a difference. I’m glad you enjoyed these!

• ~Kate F. August 27, 2012, 5:06 pm

And I thought I was going to cut back on desserts this week. Ha! ;) They look great. I just adore the simplicity.

• Sara M. August 28, 2012, 5:49 am

These look great! I was wondering if you think I could use coconut oil instead of the butter. I can’t do dairy… Thanks!

• The Coconut Mama August 28, 2012, 7:44 am

I’m going to make theses with coconut oil today. I will let you know how they turn out! :)

• Sharon August 28, 2012, 6:20 am

I’m going to try these this afternoon. The amount of eggs used in coconut flour recipes often puts me off as organic eggs are expensive in the UK. I can’t wait to see how these turn out.

• Adrienne @ Whole New Mom August 28, 2012, 7:37 am

Just shared on my Facebook page!!

• The Coconut Mama August 28, 2012, 7:42 am

Thank you, Adrienne!

• Jennifer Newman August 28, 2012, 8:57 am

I am going to give this recipe the nickname of the ” 3-2-1 Cookie ” because of the measurements. : )
    By accident I used coconut oil instead of butter (habit, I guess) and they turned out beautifully!
    Thanks for the post :O)

• The Coconut Mama August 28, 2012, 10:23 am

Glad they worked out for you, Jennifer! :)

• Sarah May 20, 2013, 7:31 am

Hiya – could you please let me know how much coconut oil you used in this recipe?
      I am very excited to find out how you made this simple cookie recipe work well while substituting the coconut oil in place of the butter!
      (as I read above that someone already tried it out with ghee and the cookies didnt hold together).
      Thank you very much for your advice. :)

• Joanna @ plus other good stuff August 28, 2012, 12:36 pm

So simple! I love it! I can’t wait to try these next time I want to whip up a quick treat. :)

• LIB August 29, 2012, 1:23 pm

cannot wait to make these for breakfast!
    blessings!

• Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures September 2, 2012, 4:53 pm

Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

• Tim September 4, 2012, 5:00 am

Hi,
    I tried with ghee (clarified butter) since I can’t tolerate casein.
    The taste is great, but the cookies barely hold together. You need to eat with a spoon…. ;)

Any tips are welcome

• Lisa G September 4, 2012, 6:16 am

Ok I made them exactly as the recipe states. They were yummy and pretty but crumpled very easely, almost impossible to pick up. We ate the crumbs anyway. Thanks for the recipe. I am going to play with it for a bit.

• nick September 6, 2012, 3:36 am

I’m the same. Really simple to make and tasty but I want to put in my childs lunchbox and they are way to crumbly for that. I can’t even pick them up. Any suggestions to make them ‘hold’ better?
    Thanks

• nick September 6, 2012, 4:04 am

I apologise. When cooled the biscuits held together well enough. My kids will be very happy. Many thanks

• The Coconut Mama September 6, 2012, 7:51 am

Great! :)

• Lisa G September 6, 2012, 9:47 am

Ha, I guess I have to be less of a pig and let them cool a bit. We just couldn’t help ourselves. :-)

• Melissa September 26, 2012, 6:57 pm

So glad to hear I can make these with coconut oil- I’ve had to cut out dairy, eggs and beef due to my 8 week old’s sensitivities to them in my breast milk. Drooling at the thought of making them tomorrow. Thank you!

• Louise Baker October 4, 2012, 12:33 pm

This looks like an awesome recipe but I’m confused about the raw honey. I’ve always thought that if raw honey is heated, all the beneficial properties are killed, so you might as well use sugar for cooking. But lately I’ve seen so many wonderful healthy cooks (like yourself) posting recipes that call for honey in baked or cooked foods, so I’m wondering if this information is wrong? I usually substitute maple syrup or succanat instead, but sometimes the recipes don’t hold together as well. What are your thoughts?

• The Coconut Mama October 9, 2012, 7:48 am

Yes, a lot of the benefits of the honey are killed with heat, but honey is one of the most natural sweeteners you can cook with and there aren’t any negatives of cooking with it. It is also one of the only sweeteners you can have on the GAPS diet :)

• mary October 15, 2012, 8:27 pm

Hi I just made these and doubled the recipe and still ended up with 8 small cookies that were a crumbly mess upon taking them out of the oven…nothing like your picture. Any suggestions? I followed the recipe to a t, but doubled it. Thanks!

• The Coconut Mama October 15, 2012, 10:15 pm

Hi Mary! I’m sorry your cookies crumbled. Mine did that as well until I let them cool completely. Once you let the cool they do not fall apart :).

• abundantlyjoyful October 26, 2012, 10:12 am

Yummy! I checked this out because the flatbread recipe worked so well. In this case I did not have butter, so I pinched in cold Digestive Ghee. Made about 6 cookies that were quite delicate but lovely. I may make some adjustments again for my pantry but WOW I feel like I am starting to get the feel of coconut flour – I mean how to work with it. I mentioned this in a comment on the flatbread but Thank You. I truly appreciate recipes with smaller yields. Then if I mess up or it is not for me I am not pitching out 10 funky whatevers.

• Michelle November 14, 2012, 1:31 pm

My cookies are about the size of a quarter. Is this the right size? They’re a minute away from being done, and they smell amazing. Thanks to folks for the tip about letting them cool before eating them.

• Mike November 16, 2012, 12:54 pm

Hi, I just made them with coconut oil instead butter – delicious, but a bit too sweet for me. I don’t use sugar at all, maybe that’s why. Thank you !

• Beth W. November 17, 2012, 10:23 am

These were soooo yummy. Thanks for sharing this easy delicious recipe!

• The Coconut Mama November 17, 2012, 10:58 pm

Beth W. » Glad you liked them, Beth! :)

• Yvonne Nikolai November 19, 2012, 10:07 pm

I made them as is (just doubled the batch), and they turned out pretty darn good, but a bit dry.
    I made them again by doubling the batch and adding an egg, a quarter cup of walnuts, and anise extract. The egg seemed to make them hold a bit better and have a bit more moisture.
    Love the recipe as it’s good on its own or as a base to tailor to your liking.

• Chhaya November 25, 2012, 5:46 am

We are vegan and don’t use butter. Can we use coconut oil instead?
    Chhaya Doshi

• ~Misty November 26, 2012, 6:04 pm

These were really good. I love the few ingredients. Made them first subbing maple syrup for the honey (I was out of honey). The next batch I doubled, I subbed xylitol for honey and added 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of almond extract- these were by far the family favorite better texture and more flavor. Will definitely be making these again and again! Thanks for the recipe!

• The Coconut Mama November 27, 2012, 7:49 pm

~Misty » That’s great, Misty! I bet the almond extract added a great flavor! I’ll have to try that next time :)

• Adrienne @ Whole New Mom December 7, 2012, 7:33 pm

Hi! I just tried these, and though I used coconut oil instead of butter and an appropriate granulated sweetener sub, they completely fell apart after baking :-(. Any ideas why? They are yummy though. Just won’t hold together.

• The Coconut Mama December 7, 2012, 8:15 pm

Adrienne @ Whole New Mom » Hi Adrienne! Hmmm. Did you let the cookies cool? They will fall apart if they don’t cool completely.

• Krimp Knight Stepanoff December 10, 2012, 9:29 pm

i just made these and they were a total fail for me.  I am a terrible baker but figured with 3 ingredients i would be ok.  they came out very dry and crumbly for me too.  don’t know what i did wrong.

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama December 10, 2012, 10:10 pm

Did you let them cool completely? They will cruble if you don’t let them cool.

• Ben King January 25, 2013, 10:16 am

One has to let them cool down to room temperature after baking.

• Lisa January 7, 2013, 4:33 am

I don’t know the difference between a dash, a smidgen or a pinch, so I added a bit too much salt the first time. The next time I made these, I eliminated the salt and added lemon rind instead. It was amazing! : )

• Teresa January 8, 2013, 10:59 am

These were amazing..I did a few with a sprinkle of cinnamon! Yay so happy to have a cookie for my son!!

• Dorothy Narvaez January 20, 2013, 2:19 pm

Turned out pretty good for the first try! I just wish I didn’t have to use the food processor (lolz hate clean ups!)

• Jean Stranquist January 27, 2013, 6:40 pm

no need for a food processor – use a fork and mash-up in a shallow bowl, works like a charm.

• facebook.com/sbb1.the.artisan January 22, 2013, 6:56 am

I really like this recipe, the first time it came out dry for me, but then after reading the comments I added 1 egg and a little vanilla and they came out perfect for us.  What’s more is that this is a very versatile recipe!  I’ve tossed these cookies into my food processor, ground them into fine crumbs and made a pie crust for sweet potato filling, tastes great sprinkled on top of baked apples too.  I’ve shared this on my fb page :)

• Caroleanncarlson February 8, 2013, 6:39 am

can you substitute ghee for the butter?

• Atiya April 13, 2013, 11:29 pm

I have no idea why you’d want to use ghee. I grew up using ghee, but ghee is not a substitute for butter; it does not taste the same. Ghee is used to “oil” cooking implements & used in making a variety of flatbreads in traditional Indian cuisine but it does not work well (or taste well) in traditional baking. I have noticed that since it became somewhat known in the west many people have talked about using it as a butter substitute, most often directly on top of bread, etc. but dislike the taste – because it wasn’t meant to be used that way. I will try this recipe w/coconut oil, as I don’t use dairy.

• nobobdy May 14, 2013, 9:55 am

I don’t understand the harsh tone of this post, but I thought I’d respond for future potentially interested readers. Some people use ghee (with varying success) where recipes call for butter because they may be sensitive to the sugars or proteins in butter, which are removed when ghee is produced. So, theoretically, one can use a dairy fat with some butter flavor without the irritants by using ghee.

• shadow June 20, 2013, 9:10 pm

Some people are allergic to casein (dairy protein in butter) but can handle the fat when the proteins are removed (ghee) and so use ghee in some recipes to get some of the “butter essence” without the proteins. I use it part/part with coconut oil. Coconut oil and maple syrup together also creates a “buttery” type taste.

• Angela Marie Tomlinson-Teague September 20, 2013, 6:44 am

Why are you so harsh? Ghee is used for SOME allergy kids because the proteins are broken down and SOME can tolerate it. Judgmental much? sheesh

• Momsville November 1, 2013, 11:25 am

Thanks for asking about the ghee. I am looking for recipes for a two year old just starting the GAPS diet due to hives after a year of antibiotics for kidney infections (long story), and ghee is allowed…butter is not. I appreciate the person that suggested half coconut oil with syrup options. We can use coconut oil…have to check on the syrup.

• Missmortgage January 27, 2013, 4:47 pm

What can I use instead of the honey?

• Mrsbrit1 February 9, 2013, 12:25 pm

WWould these work with a vegan spread? My sister in law has some major tiny issues and allergies, as well as being a pescatarian. She cannot eat wheat, gluten, or dairy, among other things…but those are her worst culprits. She has been searching for baked goods to try….this looks like it might work for her, as long as dairy free spread wouldn’t harm the outcome too much.

• Patricia April 22, 2013, 2:23 pm

Have you seen how they make those vegan spreads and the ingredients? they look very unhealthy to me. why not use coconut oil instead of butter? that’s exceedingly healthy and vegan.

• Sameriah81 February 12, 2013, 1:35 pm

I tried these and didn’t care for them. They fell apart and it was more like eating the flour raw. I felt it was a waste of butter.

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama February 12, 2013, 2:42 pm

I’m sorry you didn’t like them. Did you let them cool? They shouldn’t fall apart after you let them cool.

• C1sarena February 17, 2013, 5:16 am

Would you suggest subbing coconut flour to those allergic to dairy?

• Yudie Kasnik February 22, 2013, 12:59 pm

are these ok for diabetics?

• Yudie Kasnik February 22, 2013, 1:00 pm

coconut flour is low glycemic correct?

• Michbrosseau February 23, 2013, 12:09 pm

I just made these with coconut oil instead of butter and also added a flax seed “egg” turned out really good!! Thank you!

• blue February 28, 2013, 6:59 am

I made these vegan using coconut oil instead of butter and 1 ‘flax egg’  + a drop vanilla paste for flavour.. yummy!
    thanks for sharing :)

• Leedham Sandra79 March 2, 2013, 10:28 am

This cookies are divine yummy thanks for sharing

• Leedham Sandra79 March 2, 2013, 10:29 am

Forgot the salt but I don’t think it’s really needed :)

• Leedham Sandra79 March 2, 2013, 10:30 am

Oh pair the cookies with green tea yummyyyyy

• Kimberly Winter March 5, 2013, 3:23 pm

We loved the cookie but they were dry so I’ll make adjustments next time.

• Tlc9594 March 12, 2013, 2:17 pm

I just made these and it only made 8 quarter size cookies. Is this correct, just 3 Tbls. coconut flour?

• Michelle March 21, 2013, 4:38 pm

These are so yummy, thanks!

• Laura April 8, 2013, 3:20 pm

Great recipe, but a question, if I’m cooking them, why use raw honey? Am I wrong to think that all the ‘goodness’ of raw honey cooks out?

• Patricia Hope April 22, 2013, 2:05 pm

Heating honey creates toxins so maybe use another sweetener.

• j June 2, 2013, 2:32 pm

I believe heated honey is only toxic to bees due to the release of a certain chemical (cant remember), which is also found in molasses in even higher amounts.

• Christian Roxanne Trueman April 22, 2013, 4:48 pm

I’m off to try out this recipe but wanted to mention I think the reason people are commenting the cookies are crumbling is because you say in the recipe to enjoy them warm right out of the oven. In your replies to some of the comments you say to let them cool completely at room temperature before eating which will make them less crumbly. Those two things are conflicting and maybe if you were to change the instructions people would have better results. Just thought I’d share, I can’t wait to try them. Thanks!

• Tina May 4, 2013, 10:20 am

I subbed coconut oil for butter, doubled the recipe (lots of people at my house. I have to share :) and added the zest of one lemon. Seven minutes at 350. Yum!

• Stephie0128 May 7, 2013, 1:29 am

Is there a way to make these diabetic friendly as well??
    I have type one diabetes and a wheat allergy and I’d love to try these with out having my blood sugars go out of control.

• Teresa Grodi June 23, 2013, 10:43 am

Maybe subbing brown rice syrup for the honey? I know that metabolizes differently than honey.

• Jillian Hinton January 9, 2014, 5:57 am

I think honey metabolizes better than brown rice syrup…

• Tracey June 8, 2013, 4:01 am

Yummy!
    Just made these. Doubled this recipe – added an egg; 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence; used
    coconut oil in place of butter; rice malt syrup in place of honey and
    added half a cup of shredded coconut. Absolutely delicious. Recipe made
    16 cookies, which you should leave until cool (as then they don’t
    crumble; but I couldn’t wait to taste them).

• Lili June 12, 2013, 5:26 pm

Just tried it. Mine burned with 4 minutes still to go on the timer. When I tried to remove them from the baking sheet so they’d stop cooking and maybe I could salvage the middle parts, they crumbled. :(

I did use coconut oil in place of butter so I don’t know if that should have changed baking temp or time.

• Canadian Paleo July 1, 2013, 6:37 am

Absolutely HEAVENLY! Perfect, just as the recipe stated! The edges have an indescribable pleasingly-chewy, caramel-like flavor… amazing! Thanks!

• Nolana Lynch August 9, 2013, 11:54 am

Thanks for the recipe…I come from a culture that does not believe in eating bite-sized so I tripled the recipe and got 7 regular sized cookies. I also used coconut oil instead of butter, along with a handful of flax seeds, a teaspoon of almond butter, and a tlbs of mango syrup as my raw honey was coming to an end…Taste awesome! really melts in your mouth while warm…just took them out of the oven! YUMMY!

• Roselynn August 30, 2013, 9:00 am

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to say THANK YOU for this awesome recipe! These totally have that shortbread flavor which I love. I made four different batches. Plain (the exact recipe), Strawberry (with a little GAPS-friendly strawberry jam in the middle), Chocolate (just added a bit of cocoa powder), and Lemon (added lemon zest). All of these turned out moist, buttery, and delicious! My children were in heaven.

• lmunkers September 26, 2013, 6:21 pm

I tried these with coconut oil in place of the butter and came out with decent cookies, but had a hell of a time getting the ingredients to blend, even with using a food processor. (And still had oil sitting in the bottom of my bowl that just wouldn’t stay in the batter.) My cookies came out a little dry and chewy. Still good, especially dunked in tea or other liquid, but a little disappointing overall. Now that I’m re-reading the recipe and see that the butter is supposed to be cold, I’m thinking my issue might have been that my oil was room temp and liquid. The next time I make these, I’ll try chilling the coconut oil before mixing it with the other ingredients.

• Miriam November 7, 2013, 2:56 am

This was yummy! Thank you :)

• EOWYN December 28, 2013, 10:28 am

these were disgusting!!!! sorry! way too dry, and had a terrible flavor. I’m on GAPS, and I use ComfyBelly.com

• EOWYN December 28, 2013, 10:29 am

too dry, and sorry the pic. is soooooo big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jillian Hinton January 9, 2014, 5:55 am

I made these the other week and they were tasty! Definitely on the dry side, but perfect with cream cheese!
    I am confused, though, how everybody got 8 cookies out of the original recipe. I doubled it and barely made 9 two-bite-size cookies! The ratio seems alright, just not the quantity.

• betty January 19, 2014, 6:28 pm

I just don’t get it. There is no way this makes “eight two-bite-sized cookies” unless you are a mouse. I followed the directions exactly. These are terrible, dry, brittle and overall kinda gross.

• Wavs January 26, 2014, 5:04 am

These are the easiest cookies I have ever made …… and I’ve been baking cookies for over 55 years. I pressed too slightly though and mine weren’t as thin as yours. Next time I think I’ll add some cinnamon or another spice to kick them up a bit. This is a recipe you can have a lot of fun with! I did get exactly 8 … 2-bite cookies.
    Thanks for sharing Lauren. !

• nadine February 3, 2014, 12:17 pm

Just a question: if you do not tolerate coconut, what can you use as replacement? (I see it is used in a lot of recipes) thanks Nadine

• Natalie February 6, 2014, 5:31 pm

Just made these and they turned out amazing! I didn’t squish them down much though, so they look more like melting-moments only paleo, and gentle in flavour and sweetness. perfect. thank you so much for sharing! :)

• dan February 13, 2014, 3:48 pm

It’s better to use unrefined cane sugar than honey as honey becomes toxic once heated above 110 degrees.

• Lauren February 15, 2014, 8:18 am

I’m having a hard time making these. They taste divine, but I followed the instructions exactly and they never flattened out. I had crumbly cookie balls instead of beautiful cookies. Any idea why this may have happened? Do I need more butter or something?

• 4HungryBunnies February 17, 2014, 8:15 am

I used my dairy-free butter, which is half coconut oil and half evoo gently melted together, poured into the stainless steel mixer bowl and put into the fridge to start solidifying. Then I whip it good with the mixer and store in the fridge.

• Agonzales February 17, 2014, 8:39 am

I’ve made these a few times and they were a total hit! The first time i made them they crumbled, but I doubled the recipe and added a egg. They are Awesome!!!!!

• Kitchenspired February 21, 2014, 11:56 am

Just made these and made some adjustments- I doubled the recipe, added one egg and about 1 tsp vanilla extract. They turned out yummy! The only problem is that I doubled the recipe and got just 9 cookies out of it. Don’t know how you got 8 from the original amount, but okay! Thanks for the recipe!

• Emily P February 23, 2014, 4:31 pm

These cookies are AMAZING! I doubled the recipe, used room-temperature ghee instead of butter, and added a tablespoon of carob powder. Delicious.

• Joy March 14, 2014, 10:08 am

Yum! I followed your recipe, made sure to let them cool completely as you directed, and they are great! Shortbread cookies were always my favorite, and these definitely brought back that flavor. I eye-balled it and ended up with 7 2-bite-sized cookies but certainly could have pinched a little off each and made 8. Thanks for the solid recipe Lauren!

• Linda March 22, 2014, 6:21 pm

UGH- I was so disappointed with these cookies,they were so dry and crumbly. I thought my poor old mother in law was choking to death- You better have a cup of coffee, tea milk handy to chase the crumbs down.

• Annmarie March 24, 2014, 12:14 pm

Hi there! I’m feeling a bit hungry today and do not have much appropriate snacking items in the house, so I looked for an easy gluten-free cookie recipe and came across this post. I didn’t have Coconut Flour, but I had Brown Rice Flour and threw the other ingredients together with that. So far the raw dough tastes yummy. I’m waiting for the oven to heat up so I can bake the cookies. Oh, and I add a few drops of vanilla extract.

• Heidi @ Barefoot and Paleo March 28, 2014, 4:02 pm

Why haven’t I seen this earlier? Totally making this in the AM for my little who can’t have nuts or eggs. Awesome! Thanks a bunch.

• Jerri-lynn April 2, 2014, 7:22 am

Hi, have you ever thought to add lemon zest to these to give them a zing? Do you think it would work?

• Melody April 16, 2014, 12:24 pm

I loved the delicate, sweet flavor and interesting texture of these cookies. I followed other commenters’ advice – doubled the recipe, added and egg and added a tiny bit of vanilla extract and also lemon extract. Delicious with green tea!