Pumpkin Fudge {Dairy Free}

it’s My favorite time of the year…

I love Autumn. I love cool weather and rainy days. I love the warm nourishing foods we get to enjoy this time of the year. I love to create fun treats that I can give to my family. I use wholesome ingredients in my desserts like coconut oil, coconut butter, grass fed butter and natural sweeteners like raw honey and pure maple syrup. I don’t feel any guilt eating these goodies! My kids enjoy them too!

I started making this pumpkin fudge last year. I based the recipe off of my dairy free chocolate fudge recipe. If you love pumpkin and fudge, you’ll love this recipe! You can serve this fudge cut into squares or you can roll the fudge into truffles and sprinkle with cinnamon.

Dairy Free Pumpkin Fudge

1. Warm coconut butter in a medium size saucepan over low heat until melted. Turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Pour into an 8×8 inch square pan. Refrigerate fudge for 2-3 hours or until it has set. Cut into squares and serve. You can also roll the fudge squares into balls and dust with extra cinnamon (makes for a prettier presentation) . Enjoy :).

• Shelley Alexander October 16, 2012, 1:35 pm

Hi Tiffany,
    I found the pic for this on Pinterest and I had to click for the recipe since they looked so yummy! I have all the ingredients so I’m making these right away. Thanks for sharing this fantastic healthy recipe.

• The Coconut Mama October 21, 2012, 9:28 pm

Hope you enjoyed your pumpkin fudge! I wish I had more. We ate it all :(

• Brandon October 17, 2012, 9:03 am

My love for fudge, coconut, and pumpkin can all be indulged with this recipe! How delicious. Pinning this right.now.

• The Coconut Mama October 21, 2012, 9:27 pm

Thanks Brandon!

• Heidi Velez October 17, 2012, 6:43 pm

Hi there. I clicked the link to your coconut butter recipe and am wondering if the recipe can be tripled or quadrupled to make the two cups called for in this recipe? 4 times 20 minutes would be a lot of blending!! Thanks :)

• The Coconut Mama October 18, 2012, 2:40 pm

Hi Heidi,

Yes, as long as your food processor can handle the amount it should work fine. :)

• Gaby @A Crafty Gourmet October 19, 2012, 2:15 pm

Delicious!! Looks amazing. I also just made some “fudge” for halloween. acraftygourmet.blogspot.com/2012/10/healthy-halloween-candy-coconut-carob-alternative.html

I’m going to test yours out as well. Yum!! Yay for real food Halloween options!

• The Coconut Mama October 21, 2012, 9:25 pm

Hey Gaby! Your candy sounds delish! I love your blog :)

• Tamara @ Oh Lardy October 20, 2012, 12:05 pm

Just made these. OMG…delicious! Having family in town tomorrow and these will be a delicious fall treat. Thanks for the recipe!

• The Coconut Mama October 21, 2012, 9:23 pm

I’m glad you liked them, Tamara!!! :)

• Jennifer @ 20 something allergies and counting...down October 23, 2012, 1:29 pm

You just got me into a whole lotta trouble mama.

I made my first batch yesterday and couldn’t help but be a little sad that this didn’t taste like my favorite “real” fudge…so I tried another piece just to see what my second impression was. Needless to say, half the pan is gone and I am eyeing the dairy-free pumpkin spiced chocolate I made last night to melt and pour over the top for another layer of yumminess.

Evil, evil woman. :D

• The Coconut Mama October 23, 2012, 9:58 pm

Haha I’m glad you liked it Jennifer!

~ The Evil Mama ;)

• HungryLittleGirl October 31, 2012, 3:22 pm

I so love this recipe!
    I would also love to have you share this (or any other recipes of yours) at Wednesday Extravaganza – my Foodie link party, and maybe win a lifetime feature on my Wall of Fame! Here is the link:

I can’t wait to see you there!

• Evangelina Aguilar November 11, 2012, 10:45 pm

love your page, thank you for sharing……

• Julie November 13, 2012, 6:54 pm

Yum! Since I’m a huge raw cacao fan, I added unsweetened cacao paste equivalent to 1/2 a bar in the mix. It made them difficult to roll into balls, but we managed. They are soo good… thank you!

• Teri November 14, 2012, 2:56 pm

If you’re not worried about being dairy-free, would regular butter work just as well?

• Audrey November 17, 2013, 5:15 pm

I made a chocolate fudge similar to this using raw butter. Thinking of trying this recipe with it. Will mix room temperature butter in with a mixer as melted butter most likely won’t work.

• Elizabeth November 17, 2012, 8:10 pm

I made a batch of pumpkin fudge this afternoon. It is incredible! Seriously good! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

• The Coconut Mama November 17, 2012, 10:57 pm

Elizabeth » I’m so glad you liked the fudge, Elizabeth! :)

• Lauren November 18, 2012, 9:26 am

I just made this and put it in the fridge to set up. I had to taste it first, of course. OhMyHolyCoconut! This is just amazing! Like, lick the bowl and spoon awesome! Thank you oh so much for sharing! No one else in my family likes pumpkin, so the entire pan is mine alone! Hoping it lasts as long as my self control, which, to be honest, really isn’t very long at all. They may be all gone by tomorrow. But it will be soooo worth it!

• Kristie November 29, 2012, 5:48 am

This recipe sounds great! I was just wondering though–for us weirdos who dislike the taste of coconut–is there a substitute for the coconut butter? Will regular butter work?

• The Coconut Mama November 29, 2012, 8:20 am

Kristie » Butter won’t work in this recipe :(. The pumpkin and seasoning really cover up the coconut butter in this recipe. I have a friend how doesn’t like coconut and she couldn’t tell there was coconut in these :)

• Kristie November 29, 2012, 9:31 am

Alrighty, thank you!

• Ladonna December 13, 2012, 3:09 pm

When would you roll them into balls? Before you put them in the refrigerator or after they have set?

• Enathan92 January 3, 2013, 3:37 pm

is it normal that they are EXTREMELY liquidy before the fridge step? and the pineapple is remaining in some chunks

• Enathan92 January 3, 2013, 3:37 pm

pumpkin*

• Angelica - OrganicGelly.com April 19, 2013, 3:31 pm

You’re a gem. I’m adapting this recipe! i’m obsessed with cooking with EVERYTHING coconut – so looks like you will be my new go-to on suggestions. I was wondering what your favorite coconut yogurt/milk brand may be? I’ve been using the only brand I can find at whole foods, but I’m totally in for trying something different as I want something that is nutritionally WHOLE.

• WildRag August 27, 2013, 9:42 pm

Can one make pumpkin purée? I don’t have any pumpkin purée in the stores in my country, so I do not know even how it looks or how thick or dry it is.

• Mary in South Jersey September 24, 2013, 4:21 pm

Good golly Miss Molly..
    DELISH!
    Okay.. I halved it and I used Frankenfood…. aka sugar free maple flavored syrup. I can’t handle sugar. I did use my own homemade coconut butter if that counter acts the Frankenfood.

I may just half the coconut butter and keep the rest the same and make a “mousse”.
    I love pumpkin!

• Amanda October 14, 2013, 6:59 pm

Really enjoyed this recipe and so did my family! I tried to make my own coconut butter with shredded coconut in my blender and ended up with chunky clumps that burned rather than melted in the pan. Luckily I had a fallback that worked great! Anyone reading in Canada, you can get the Grace brand of creamed coconut for about $2 a package (shelf stable). I buy mine at the T&T Asian grocery store, but have seen it in No Frills, and Loblaws.

• Melanie October 15, 2013, 8:52 am

What is a serving size and how many would you say this makes? One inch squares?

• grvyghoul October 20, 2013, 12:40 am

Delicious!

• Kristen Herchenrider October 26, 2013, 5:51 pm

OMG! These are completely amazeBALLS! I’m in love. Thank you for sharing!!! Any tips for making a head and freezing? I’m not sure how to successfully pull that off, but that would be so helpful for the upcoming holiday season!

• Kelly November 6, 2013, 4:36 am

I made this! Yum!

• Jessica November 8, 2013, 6:19 pm

I just made these replacing the spices with 2t of Pumpkin Pie Spice from Our Nourishing Roots (http://ournourishingroots.com/quick-homemade-pumpkin-pie-spice-with-cardamom/). Tasting it before I popped it in the fridge I can already tell it’s going to me AMAZING! Yum – I had to work hard to not just eat it straight from the bowl :) Thank you so much for the recipe!

• avid77 November 13, 2013, 2:51 pm

Can you use raw coconut, straight from the coconut for this? Thanks

• Jasmine Ward November 13, 2013, 7:20 pm

Tiffany.. this fudge is awesome! :) Made some earlier tonight and just tried it, yummmm. :) Shared the recipe on my Facebook page Mi Real Food. Thanks!!

• dee8857 November 15, 2013, 7:27 am

these are so very,very good! Like melt in your mouth “real fudge”!

• Emily Armstrong November 23, 2013, 5:24 pm

So this is my second go at trying to make this. I followed the receipe to the T. I warmed the butter then turned off the heat and added the rest. It is extremely liquidy both times I have done it and it never sets right. I feel like I’m missing something. Am I suppose to heat the entire ingredients for a little till it thickens? Please help I would love to try these!

• Jessica H December 3, 2013, 2:33 pm

Mine were wet too. I made these for Thanksgiving for the first time. They wouldn’t hold together as squares so I rolled them into balls. They looked pretty and were delicious, but were very sticky. I put the leftovers in the freezer overnight and that did solidify them. I think if I do it again I will freeze them for a few hours or overnight until they set and then keep them in the fridge to defrost a little but maintain the firmness. I hope this helps.

• Alisa Gottlieb Hagenberg November 30, 2013, 6:01 am