Ice cream is always good in my book, but this homemade dairy free coconut pumpkin ice cream is divine. You can make this treat low sugar by substituting stevia or monk fruit for coconut sugar. Pumpkin ice cream is my favorite Fall ice cream flavor. I love to serve it with coconut flour cake when I have company. This recipe is super easy to make and uses full fat coconut milk making it dairy free!
Before you get started you’ll need to cans of COLD full fat coconut milk. I refrigerated my coconut milk the day before to insure it was nice and cold prior to making this. Next you’ll need an ice cream machine. If you don’t have an ice cream machine you can still make this, it just takes a little more work. I have detailed instruction in the recipe box below.Print
Coconut Milk Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart
- Mix coconut milk and pumpkin puree together in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker.
- Follow manufactures instructions to make your ice cream.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker you can pour the mixture into a deep stainless steel baking dish and freeze for 45 minutes. As it begins to freeze near the edges, remove it from the freezer and stir vigorously with a spatula. Return to the freezer.Continue to check the mixture every 30 minutes, stirring vigorously as it’s freezing. If you have a hand held mixer or blender, use one of those. Repeat this process for 2 to 3 hours, or until frozen.