Indulge in this healthy coconut oil chocolate without guilt! This recipe calls for metabolism boosting coconut oil, cocoa powder and raw honey to make a healthy treat for you and your family!
I love chocolate.
I avoid most commercial candy bars due to artificial flavors or soy lecithin in the ingredients. I found that if I mix cocoa powder with coconut oil, vanilla, salt & sugar I can produce a chocolate bar that is both tasty and healthy!
Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup or simple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
1. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Once it melts add the remaining ingredients.
3. Stir and pour mix over a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
4. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 2-4 hours, or until it is set.
5. Once the chocolate hardens, break it up into pieces.
6. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.