I try my best to keep my cupboard full of healthy, homemade snacks for my family. It can be a lot of work, but its worth the effort! Today I’m sharing a recipe for fruit leathers made with homemade fermented fruit sauce. My recipe for fermented applesauce works great for making these. I used that recipe to make fermented pear sauce, which I used to make these fruit leathers. You can add all sorts of fruit to your fermented sauce. I used pear and banana.
To start off, you will need 1 (or more) recipe for fermented apple sauce (use any mix of fruit if you like). Be creative! I pureed 2 parts fermented pear sauce to 1 part mashed banana. Process until very smooth.
Continue to dehydrate until both sides of the fruit leather are dry. Score the fruit leathers into desired servings. Store in an air tight container. Viola!
- 1 (or more) full recipe for fermented apple sauce (use any mix of fruit if you like).
- Process sauces until very smooth.
- Then spread evenly over paraflexx sheets (you can also use parchment paper).
- Dehydrate the fruit puree at or below 100 degrees for 12-48 hours. Check leathers every 8 hours.
- When the top of the fruit leather is dry, flip it over onto the mesh dehydrate sheet and peel off paraflexx or parchment paper.
- Continue to dehydrate until both sides of the fruit leather are dry. Score the fruit leathers into desired servings.
- Store in an air tight container.