Learn how to make unrefined powdered sugar at home with a high speed blender and natural sugar!
Let’s face it – how many times have you assembled your baking ingredients…pre-heated the oven…and begun to mix…only to realize that you have the wrong kind of sugar?
This happens to me more often than I’d like to admit!
Fortunately, it’s actually quite easy to turn regular sugar into powdered sugar. Here’s how:
How to make unrefined powdered sugar
First, let’s talk ingredients and equipment. You’ll need a blender or food processor, one cup of sugar (I’d recommend coconut sugar), and a tablespoon of arrowroot powder or corn starch. Because sugar is the primary ingredient, you want to make sure you snag good-quality stuff from a trusted brand.
And then it’s very simple:
- Put the sugar and arrowroot or corn starch in a food processor
- Blend until it looks like powdered sugar
- Store the sugar in an airtight container.
That’s it! Just about the easiest ingredient you can DIY. Plus, because you know exactly what went into the recipe, you can ensure the quality!Print
How To Make Unrefined Powdered Sugar
Learn how to make unrefined powdered sugar at home with a high spreed blender and natural sugar!
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 cup Sugar (Coconut Sugar, Rapadura or Organic Cane Sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot Powder or Corn Starch (Non GMO)
- Blend sugar and arrowroot powder (or corn starch) together in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until sugar is a “powdered” texture.
- Store in an airtight container. Use in place of confectioners powdered sugar in recipes. That’s it!