Did you know you can diffuse essential oils in the shower? These shower diffuser discs can be used daily to reap the aromatic benefits of essential oils while you shower. You only need a few ingredients to make them!
I love taking baths (especially detox baths), but with three kids and a busy schedule I don’t get to enjoy them as often as I’d like. I miss relaxing in the bath with epsom salts and essential oils. The combo relaxes me and helps me to sleep better at night.
Recently I starting using shower diffuser disks in my shower and I have to say I like them a lot! Though I don’t get the benefits of the epsom salts, I do get the benefits of the oils and it’s amazing!
Shower diffuser discs can be used daily to support respiratory health. They also come in handy when you’re fighting off the sniffles or want some respiratory support. The heat from the shower helps to open up the nasal passage while the essential oils offer support to help clear your sinuses.
I also like to add peppermint diffuser discs to my shower when I’m wanting to wake up in the morning and Lavender when I’m wanting to relax and unwind in the evening. Shower diffuser discs are very versatile and can be customized to support your needs!
How To Make Shower Diffuser Discs
- Mix the baking soda and corn starch together in a bowl, making sure there aren’t any clumps.
- Slowly add water to the mixture, one tablespoon at a time.
- The baking soda and starch mixture should be a thick paste. I added a little over 1/3 cup of water.
- Add 15-20 drops of essential oil(s) of choice to mixture.
- Mix well and pour into silicon baking cups (I used this one).
- Let the diffuser discs dry for 24 hours.
- Store them in an air tight container or ziplock bag to keep freshness.
How To Use Diffuser Discs
Place a disc at the bottom of your shower. As the hot water hits it, the essential oils will diffuse (and clean the floor of your shower). If you don’t use the whole diffuser disc you can store the wet disc in a container and reuse it.
Last Updated on