This DIY turmeric face mask is made with natural ingredients like turmeric powder, raw honey, and apple cider vinegar. Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an excellent choice for a DIY face mask. It helps eliminate acne, reduce fine lines and inflammation, brighten skin tone, and evens skin texture. Let’s take a look at what you need to make this moisturizing turmeric mask.
I love to make my own face masks and skincare products. There’s something about knowing what you’re putting on your skin and experiencing the benefits of plant botanicals. I often use my detox clay mask or charcoal mask to clean my skin, but I’ve recently tested out turmeric face mask recipes. And I’m impressed! This one will defiantly be part of my weekly skincare routine from now on!
Benefits of Turmeric for the Skin
This Ayurvedic herbal and aromatic spice has many uses outside the kitchen, one for skin and beauty! Turmeric has been used as a beauty remedy in many cultures around the world for centuries due to its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Which helps reduce redness and inflammation while providing deep nourishment and hydration to the skin cells. In addition, it helps reduce acne breakouts while fading away dark spots and blemishes over time with regular use. This homemade turmeric face mask can also help give your complexion an overall brighter complexion due to its natural lightening properties!
How To Make Turmeric Face Mask
To make a simple turmeric face mask at home, you’ll need these ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (this is the active ingredient in this face mask),
- 1 tablespoon of raw or Manuka honey (honey cleanses and moisturizing the skin),
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
That’s it for required ingredients – you can also add a variety of other ingredients, such as:
- Essential oils (to scent the mask),
- Oatmeal, chickpea flour or almond oil, if desired (depending on your skin type).
Steps for Making the Turmeric Face Mask
1) Start by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl until it forms a thin paste.
2) Apply the paste evenly onto your clean face and neck area in circular motions. Make sure to avoid the eye area, as turmeric can be irritating when applied directly to the eyes.
3) Leave the mask on for 10 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water.
4) Finish by applying your regular moisturizer for extra hydration (optional).
Note: Always test new skincare with a patch test. Apply a small about of the mask on your hand and leave it on for 10 minutes to make sure your skin doesn’t have an allergic reaction to the ingredient in this mask. Some with sensitive skin, will need to avoid using citrus or vinegar on the face.
All in all, if you’re looking for an easy way to treat your skin without spending too much money, then this DIY turmeric face mask recipe is perfect for you! The combination of natural ingredients helps nourish and hydrate your skin while reducing inflammation and evening out skin tone over time with regular use. So go ahead—give this simple yet effective DIY skincare recipe a try today! Your skin will thank you later!
I typically like to make one small batch and use it all immediately. If you have leftover mask that you want to use within a few days, carefully pour the mixture into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Generally this mask is safe for most skin types. I have dry skin and my skin absolutely loves the mask. But I do suggest you always do a skin test first.
Turmeric can stain the skin depending on how long you leave it on and how your skin reacts to it. If your skin has a yellow tint after using this mask, wash your face again with your normal wash or try using olive oil to oil cleanse the turmeric from your skin.
Yes, you can add a tablespoon of regular or greek yogurt to the mask to add probiotic benefits. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which works as a natural exfoliant for the skin and is a great addition to facial masks.
DIY Turmeric Face Mask
This homemade turmeric face mask is full of powerful antioxidants that promote radiant skin. There are many health benefits of turmeric, some of which include topical use for acne-prone skin, lightening dark spots, and many other common skin conditions.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 mask 1x
- Category: Indian
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl to form a paste.
- Apply a small amount of the mask to clean skin evenly to your face and neck. Avoid applying near the eyes.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
Note: If you have sensitive skin I suggest you do a patch test to insure this scrub is safe for your skin type. If your have skin irritation from this face scrub, gently wash your hands with water and soap and even apply yogurt or milk or oil to help remove the turmeric from the skin.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 1