Turmeric milk (aka golden milk) helps to reduce inflammation, joint pain and boosts the immune system.
Golden turmeric milk is a powerfully anti-inflammatory & nourishing beverage packed with antioxidants. This turmeric milk recipe is an amazing drink my family and I enjoy drinking before bed. I always sleep so well when I make this in the evenings.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is a golden-yellow spice originally from India and is one of my favorite all-time, multi-talented remedies for many different ailments.
The anti inflammatory properties of turmeric are ideal for treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Its antioxidant property also kills free radicals in the body which cause damage to cells. It has been found that those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and consume turmeric on a daily basis experience a lot of relief from moderate to mild joint pains and inflammation.
Turmeric can be used to treat diabetes by regulating the level of insulin. It is also helpful in improving glucose control and it increases the effects of medications that are used to treat diabetes. Another benefit is its effectiveness in reducing insulin resistance which may prevent onset of type 2 diabetes.
Turmeric contains a substance known as lipopolysaccharide that helps to stimulate the immue system of the body. Its antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agents help to strengthen immune system. A strong immune system will reduce the chances of suffering from coughs, flu or cold. If you get cold or flu, you should mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it once a day.
It is also a natural antibacterial and antiseptic agent which can be used as a disinfectant. If you have a burn or cut, you can sprinkle some powder on the area that is affected to speed up the healing process. It also helps to repair damaged skin and treat inflammatory conditions.
Turmeric helps in memory and brain health. By taking turmeric, you can improve oxygen intake of the brain which helps it all brain processes and functions. When your brain is working at its best, hormones such as serotonin and melatonin increase.
When using turmeric, make sure to add block pepper. This will enhance the bioavailability of Turmeric, making it easy for your body to absorb the curcumin.
- Safety and anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin: a component of tumeric
- Black Pepper Boosts Turmeric’s Benefits
- Potential therapeutic effects of curcumin, the anti-inflammatory agent, against neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin.
- On the Antioxidant Mechanism of Curcumin: Classical Methods Are Needed To Determine Antioxidant Mechanism and Activity
- Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor
- A randomized, pilot study to assess the efficacy and safety of curcumin in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis.
- Golden Milk Latte Mix
- Coconut Milk Eggnog (Dairy Free & Vegan)
- Thai Tea Recipe – Paleo/Dairy Free
- Pina Colada Smoothie
Golden Milk (Turmeric Tea Recipe)
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Warm coconut milk in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Mix in turmeric, spices, vanilla and honey.
- Stir well.
- Pour into two cups and enjoy!
Last Updated on