Strawberries & Cream Popsicles (Dairy Free)

Barries & Cream Coconut Milk PopsiclesI cannot tell you how thrilled I was to have found strawberries at our local farmers market last week! They were the best tasting strawberries too! My one year old son, Auren at a whole pint on the way from the market. My  3-year-old daughter, Naomi has been asking me to make popsicle for weeks so we through a few ingredients together to make these strawberries and Cream Popsicle. Both of my kids love these!

These popsicle are simply made with fresh strawberries, coconut milk, vanilla extract and honey. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Barries & Cream Coconut Milk Popsicles

Strawberries & Cream Popsicles

Equipment

1. Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and blend until combined. Set aside.
  2. In a separate bowl mix coconut milk, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of raw honey together. Mix until combined thoroughly.
  3. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of strawberry puree into each popsicle mold. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of coconut mix into each mold. Continue to switch between the berry puree and the coconut mixture until popsicle molds are filled. Place molds in freezer.
  4. Allow popsicles to freeze completely before serving, about 5-8 hours. Once your popsicles are ready to serve, run the bottom of the popsicle molds under warm water to help release them from the molds. Serve and enjoy!

This recipe filled 12 large popsicle molds.

Note: Other berries can be used in this recipe. We have not tested this recipe with frozen berries but I do believe they would work if fresh berries aren’t available.

Interested in learning more about essential oils? Check out my FREE 14 day e-course!

Free Essential Oils E-Course

• Anna May 10, 2013, 5:25 am

These look so pretty and fresh. Delicious too! We make a lot of popsicles here, often times just using leftover smoothies or ice cream (if I can’t fit it all in the ice cream maker). I bought some popsicle molds from IKEA, but I was wondering where you got your popsicle mold from. Does it have a lid of sorts to hold the wooden sticks in place while freezing?
    Thanks!

• Kimberly Fletcher Collins May 10, 2013, 6:05 am

Where did you find your popsicle molds?
    (by the way…love the name Naomi. My 3 year old’s name is Naomi too.)

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama May 10, 2013, 4:01 pm

I found them on amazon. If you click on the link in the recipe (under equipment) it will take you to some Popsicle molds on amazon! :)

• Treena May 10, 2013, 10:52 am

What is the measure of the “can” of coconut milk (ours comes in boxes!) … I would like to make there but don’t know how much coconut milk to use? Thanks!

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama May 10, 2013, 3:59 pm

Treena – The coconut milk is linked to the actual product I used. It is 14 ounce can of coconut milk ;)

• Treena May 11, 2013, 12:25 pm

Oh sorry! Didn’t see that! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

• daynateachespiano May 10, 2013, 3:55 pm

Thank You for making these GAPS-Legal! I’m so excited to make these for my daughter :) You Rock!

• Tiffany May 13, 2013, 11:02 am

These are much prettier than the way I do them! I just put the frozen fruit (strawberries and pineapple) and coconut milk into the blender and hit puree! I will have to try them with the honey and vanilla though…they sounds delicious…and cool!

• Alicia@edco friendly homemakin May 13, 2013, 12:43 pm

These look so delicious!!

• Meela May 15, 2013, 3:16 pm

Is there any other sweetener that I can use for this recipe besides honey? I would love to make this for an alternative cold treat during the summer, but I am allergic to honey.

• Melissa Myra Russo May 18, 2013, 12:09 pm

made this with frozen blueberries in the vitamix, and i needed to let them defrost a bit before i was able to add them into the molds… that said, the taste is DELICIOUS! for me, they were a bit too sweet, so I’ll cut the honey in half. As an alternative to honey, use maple syrup.

• Emily Mathis May 19, 2013, 5:04 pm

delish! It was way too hard to keep the strawberries and the coconut separate in any cool-looking way (plus, one of my daughters didn’t love the straight-up coconut part), so next time, I’m just going to whiz them together. Total hit!

• Carla Duclos June 2, 2013, 10:02 pm

Hi Tiffany,
    Loved this recipe. :)
    I would like to ask how many ml has 1 can of coconut milk?
    Thank you for sharing with us.

• Julie June 8, 2013, 11:50 am

Hi – I am new to your blog and love it!! Most of your stuff I am planning to make for my son and I – BUT sometimes I wanna make stuff my husband will eat too – BUT he is allergic to coconut – is there a good substitution for coconut milk – just in the case of Popsicle (I love coconut milk – and I am sure it will change the flavor greatly – but I need a helathy still adds some sweetness substitution….. Thanks for any help…

• Marie Raven July 15, 2013, 1:35 pm

I’m so excited about these I can hardly stand to wait for them to freeze. Improvising the popsicle molds with a Portal Companion Cube icecube tray gifted to me by the dairy-troubled but very sweet boy who’s kitchen I’ve just made them in. Despite freezing time, I get to enjoy some of the fruits of my labor immediately on this 100+ degree day: had a bit more filling than Companion Cubes so I dumped the coconut milk back in with the strawberries, hucked in a handful of icecubes, and am enjoying myself a very delicious smoothie. These will be such a good desert! Might make coconut curry for supper to stick with the theme…

• Eileen @ Phoenix Helix July 15, 2013, 6:34 pm

I bought my first popsicle molds this year, so have been gathering recipes, and these are on my must-try list. I also added it to the healthy popsicle roundup in my latest blog post. Thanks for your delicious creativity!

• Debbie Lund August 8, 2013, 3:21 pm

I made these yesterday for my junk food loving family. They are amazing! My 14 year old son grunted “I can taste the coconut”, yet he continues to sneak them when I’m not looking. :) Even my husband gave them two thumbs up. Thank you!

• joanna April 30, 2014, 5:29 pm

these were amazing!! i honestly wasn’t expecting them to be so good since i don’t really consider coconut milk to be sweet. the strawberry jelly mix was sweet though and it balanced it perfectly. definitely one of my favorites! i’m gonna make a blueberry version next and want to try orange creamsicles, too.

• Vicky May 17, 2014, 11:02 am

When you say “1 can full fat coconut milk” mean to use all content or only the cream that comes to the surface when the can freeze in the fridge?

• Christina May 29, 2014, 2:06 pm

Perf! My honey is starting a detox on Monday, and is a sugar ADDICT!! His weakness has been those Mexican popsicles in Strawberries and Cream, so this will be a great weaning tool:)

• Bonnie June 12, 2014, 1:42 pm

I’ve never made homemade popsicles before. But after seeing these on Pinterest, I bought a popsicle mold and whipped these babies up last night. I say whipped because they were soooo easy to make. They are out-STANDING! It’s going to be really hard to eat just one a day! Our grandkids are going to love making these. Thank you:)