Baking with coconut flour can be a little tricky. You need to use a lot of eggs to help bind the flour together so the final product holds up. Coconut flour baked goods are usually a little dense and crumbly. But for anyone who isn’t able to eat wheat or gluten, coconut flour baked goods are a wonderful substitute!
This is a basic coconut flour muffin recipe. Use this recipe as a base for simple muffins or add orange or lemon zest, dried fruit, or chocolate to this recipe to create your favorite muffin.
Image credit: LieselF
Coconut Flour Muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ full of batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let muffins cool before serving.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.