Baking with coconut flour can be a little tricky. You need to use a lot of eggs to help bind the flour together so the final product holds up. Coconut flour baked goods are usually a little dense and crumbly. But for anyone who isn’t able to eat wheat or gluten, coconut flour baked goods are a wonderful substitute!
This is a basic muffin recipe using coconut flour. Use this recipe as a base for simple muffins or add orange or lemon zest, dried fruit, or chocolate to this recipe to create your favorite muffin.
Coconut Flour Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 Cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
6. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
7. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Let muffins cool before serving.
10. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Image credit: LieselF