Baking with coconut flour can be a little tricky. You need to use a lot of eggs to help bind the flour together so the final product holds up. Coconut flour baked goods are usually a little dense and crumbly. But for anyone who isn’t able to eat wheat or gluten, coconut flour baked goods are a wonderful substitute!
This is a basic coconut flour muffin recipe. Use this recipe as a base for simple muffins or add orange or lemon zest, dried fruit, or chocolate to this recipe to create your favorite muffin.
Image credit: LieselF
Coconut Flour Muffins
Makes 12 Coconut Flour Muffins
- 3/4 Cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 6 Organic Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 Cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
6. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
7. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Let muffins cool before serving.
10. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Subscribe for instant access to my free ebook, Coconut Flour Recipes. I'll also send you free weekly recipes and wellness tips.