These keto cheesecake brownies are the best keto dessert! The bottom brownie layer is made with cocoa powder and eggs and is topped with a sugar-free cheesecake.
I love brownies and cheesecake so it only makes sense to smash the two desserts together to make an epic brownie, right?
I actually came across a recipe for these bars on Pinterest and they looked so good I decided to make them right away. The original recipe used a boxed brownie mix and cheesecake filling. I, of course, decided to make them with real food ingredients and cut the sugar out and used swerve instead.
The brownie layer is based on the flourless brownie recipe developed by my friend Carol of Ditch The Wheat. I’ve altered them slightly for my taste and just love how simple they are to make. They are rich and delicious! Mix them with homemade cheesecake and you have yourself a winner!
Keto Cheesecake Brownies
You will need cocoa powder, swerve sweetener or coconut sugar, butter, vanilla extract, cream cheese, heavy cream, sour cream, and eggs.
Start by making the flourless brownies. Mix all the dry ingredients first, then add the eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla. You may use coconut sugar instead of swerve if you prefer.
Pour the brownie batter into a parchment-lined pan and spread evenly.
Partially bake the brownies in the oven. Let them cool slightly and top with the cheesecake batter.
Bake the keto cheesecake brownies for 30 minutes or until the cheesecake layers is solid.
Links in the post are Amazon affiliate links to products I use and love.Print
Keto Cheesecake Brownies
These keto cheesecake brownies are the best keto dessert! The bottom brownie layer is a flourless brownie topped with a sugar-free cheesecake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 18 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup swerve sweetener or coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and pour into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake brownies for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the brownies comes out clean.
- Beat all the ingredients together until smooth.
- It is important that the cream cheese is room temp or it will chunk up. You can use a stick blender to smooth out the mixture if your cream cheese isn’t soft enough.
- Pour cheesecake mix over baked and slightly cooled brownie layer.
- Return to the oven and bake 25-30 minutes, or until the cheesecake layer is lightly brown.
- Allow to cool for several hours before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Nutrition info based on using swerve sugar free sweetener. There are 2.2g net carbs per serving.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
There are no dairy-free substitutes for this recipe at the moment. I will be testing out a cashew cheesecake with this brownie recipe and will update if it turns out. For now, check out this dairy-free raw lemon cheesecake recipe!
This recipe was originally published on April 30, 2013. The blog post and photos were updated on February 27, 2020.