There isn’t anything better than sipping on hot cocoa on a cold winter night. If you’re looking for a healthy hot cocoa recipe made with natural ingredients, I have one for you! This homemade hot chocolate mix is the best I’ve ever tried! You can mix it with warm milk (or your favorite dairy free milk) or add it to your coffee to make your very own Mocha. Yum!
When it comes to sweets and treats I do my best to use the most wholesome ingredients. For this hot chocolate mix recipe, I used organic cocoa powder, coconut sugar, vanilla bean powder and soy free chocolate chips (frozen).
Let’s gets started!
You’ll need a blender or food processor to combine the chocolate, coconut sugar and vanilla bean powder together.
Then you’ll add the frozen chocolate chips. Blend well and add a few drops of peppermint essential oil if using.
Store your homemade hot chocolate mix in an airtight container in a cool place.
To use, combine 1-2 tablespoons of homemade hot chocolate mix with 6 ounces of hot water or milk (or coffee). Enjoy!
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 3 Cups 1x
- Category: Beverage
- 1 Cup Soy Free Chocolate Chips, Frozen
- 1 Cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar or Natural Sugar of Choice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- Optional: 8 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Using a blender or food processor, blend up the frozen chocolate chips until they’re chopped up fine.
- Mix chopped chocolate chips with cocoa powder, coconut sugar, vanilla powder and peppermint essential oil.
- Store in a glass jar.
- To use mix 1-2 tablespoons of homemade hot chocolate mix with 6 ounces of hot water or milk (or coffee).