This easy Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe is tender, moist, insanely chocolaty. You will never know it is made with a vegetable.
This super moist and rich double chocolate zucchini bread tastes like dessert but is secretly healthy, Paleo, free of refined sugar, grain free, gluten free and dairy free. It makes the perfect breakfast paired with coconut butter or coconut yogurt, snack, or healthier dessert.
The zucchini bread is easy to make. It is made in just one bowl, you don’t need a mixer and can have it in the oven in no time, plus, it is a perfect way to use up summer zucchini.
Since zucchini contains tons of water, you’ll need to squeeze out as much as possible before mixing it into the batter. Grate the zucchini using a grater or the food processor attachment, allow to sit in a paper-towel lined bowl while you prepare the batter. Right before you add it in, squeeze the excess water out of it, then measure to make sure you have the right amount.
Like this recipe? PIN in on Pinterest!
- Coconut Flour Banana Bread
- Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Fried Zucchini Chips (Grain Free)
- How To Make Zucchini Noodles
Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Paleo Friendly)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 small medium zucchini peeled if desired and finely shredded (1 and 3/4 –2 cups gently packed, water squeezed out between paper towels)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet until just moistened, fold in the shredded zucchini, then the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the parchment lined loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then gently remove the loaf by holding both sides of the parchment paper and continue to cool completely to room temperature on the wire rack before slicing.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Last Updated on